SASS Wire Forum

Finally Retiring !

Well, I finally made the decision to take the plunge and retire. Might not be a good time to give up a good job, but I'm ready to move on with my life and enjoy what's left of it.

August 5th will be my last day at the office, after that, every night's a Friday night and every day's a Saturday.

My bride already has a list of "Honey-doos" on the fridge door, so that'll keep me busy for a while. Then there's my hobbies, Cowboy Action Shooting, old cars, western film festivals, etc. ....got time now to enjoy them... .let's just hope the money holds out.

'Nooga

If you've got anything that you must do, do it now because you won't have time after you retire!

+1

Congrats on the retirement. I did it 8 years ago and have had the time of my life since.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Nooga, the only thing you will regret is telling people that you are retiring. Now every organization you belong to will think you have a thousand hours for them.

Yep, yer right pard... it's already started !! ;-)

'Nooga

I'm with Grizzly Dave. I'll be 67 when my son graduates High School, and if he goes to college, 71 when he gets out of there. Maybe then I could retire! Maybe by then my old 401k plans will actually be worth something.

I've been so busy since I retired, don't know how I got everything done when I was working.

+1 on that, I retired the end of Jan and I've never been so busy. I'm tinking of getting a job again so I can relax a little. :rolleyes:

My dad told me that the nicest thing about retirement is it takes you all day to do nothing...and you don't have to get started until noon!

Enjoy, my friend. You earned it.

Congrats

I have been retired bout 2 years and it is the best thing that ever happened.

During the first month, my wife sat me down and told me that I was RETIRED, not just on vacation, I didn't have to do everything all in 2 weeks... also, I lost 35lb the first 2 months. Of course I worked the 1500-2300 shift so I was eating really crappy.

Old Top just pulled the plug, and he has been out less than a month, and his blood sugar has dropped to below normal.

so, good luck and life should be great...

show us pictures...

curley

Howdy......

CONGRATS!!!

I did the same thing last Friday 7/29/11.

My S.S will start on Aug. 1 and if our government don't come up

with a budget....it will end on Aug. 2.

Vern / Foothills... :huh:

...every night's a Friday night and every day's a Saturday.

I'm gonna do 5 more. Mom mentioned she couldn't remember what day of the week it was...I said that I was looking forward to retirement so I didn't have to. Now Nooga's made it even better!

If you've got anything that you must do, do it now because you won't have time after you retire!

Shortly after Dad retired I caught him carrying a box of stuff out the house. Asked what he was doing he said "took 20 years to move in, oughta take at least that long to move out. That was nearly 20 years ago and he ain't done yet!

Hope I'll have time to do some stuff.

Congratulations Nooga Kid!

Congratulation for your retirment!

As all the other oldies, I can say it's a full work time, but with a great opportunity: you can delay these mandatory works to another day (or month) without any problem.

Enjoy your new freedom!

CRR

Nooga you'll love :wub: Congrats Brother.

I got the wakeup call when I was 54 and survived 2 bouts with Cancer. After all the Dr's cutting on me and then giving me chemo over 2 years, I pulled the plug. At first they told me I had maybe 5 years, but I fooled them all....17 years later I am still having a blast.

You only live once and make the most of it. Sounds like you will be doing that :rolleyes:

My dad told me that the nicest thing about retirement is it takes you all day to do nothing...and you don't have to get started until noon!

Enjoy, my friend. You earned it.

Like someone told me... their wife asked one morning, "What are you gonna do today"..

He answered, "Nothing".

She said, "That's what you did yesterday!"

He replied, "I know, but I did finish."

'Nooga

Congratulation, I been retired about 3 years. Still get up at 0430 and do the routine I did before going to work. I actually miss going to the office, into the field, etc. For me, its still hard to accept sudden change. But enjoying being more with BlueJeans, and projects, attending more matches. MT

Congratulations, Nooga! I hope to join you in another 10-15 years - but until then I'll enjoy it vicariously through you ;)

Best Wishes,

TMM

Well, I finally made the decision to take the plunge and retire. Might not be a good time to give up a good job, but I'm ready to move on with my life and enjoy what's left of it.

August 5th will be my last day at the office, after that, every night's a Friday night and every day's a Saturday.

My bride already has a list of "Honey-doos" on the fridge door, so that'll keep me busy for a while. Then there's my hobbies, Cowboy Action Shooting, old cars, western film festivals, etc. ....got time now to enjoy them... .let's just hope the money holds out.

'Nooga

Congrats Nooga, come to Wartrace and shoot with us now that you have plenty of time.

Randy

Archived