SASS Wire Forum

Grins for Grandkids

My daughter just called from the Dayton Airport having arrived from Namibia. The boys each shot 50 inch plus kudu and some small antelope. One at a measured 300 yards and DRT. They are 13 and 11 years old.

I would have loved to have been there and watched them but tornadoes and heart attacks interferred. Knew before the booking that I didn't have the physical endurance to make the trip. My intuition proved correct. Sure would have hated to ride out the heart thing in Namibia (if I could have even made it to a hospital) instead of Oklahoma Heart Hospital.

Can't wait to hear their wild stories...maybe next time!

Bout time you got this over to the right forum! :D

Sounds like they had a great time, I'm glad you didn't go. But sorry that you missed it as well.

Grizz

Grizz, ole pard, I do get lost in the realm of forums somewhat more than other people but I found the true path back to Garden of Eden aka the Saloon. Have a double shot of whatever on me!

Ah, the good old Dayton airport, sure do have to walk a fair ways for as small as it is.

Pretty sure it was the Dayton port or maybe Cinciatti...an incident that will stick with me forever. Rounded a corner and there was a Wildcat fighter perched in the corner. An old mand in a wheelchair with all kinds of insignias on his shirt/hat was just staring at it with tears rolling down his cheeks. Not wanting to intrude I just walked by and mumbled " Thank Your Sir" and he replied "Thank you son!". Sure wouldve liked to talked to him for a while.

Pretty sure it was the Dayton port or maybe Cinciatti...an incident that will stick with me forever. Rounded a corner and there was a Wildcat fighter perched in the corner. An old mand in a wheelchair with all kinds of insignias on his shirt/hat was just staring at it with tears rolling down his cheeks. Not wanting to intrude I just walked by and mumbled " Thank Your Sir" and he replied "Thank you son!". Sure wouldve liked to talked to him for a while.

Between this and the Huey thread, I'm about emotionally shot for the day.

See ya tomorrow.

Archived