SASS Wire Forum

HELP WITH SCOPE RINGS

Just picked up a Ruger 10/22 target model - no sights, receiver drilled and tapped, and gun supplied with a Weaver base.

Also just found a Mueller 4.5-14 x 40 APV scope (a factory mark-down)

General advice from others is to use Burris Signature Zee rings; but danged if I can figure out what height to use...

Is there a table or some such to help? Nothing on the Mueller or Burris sites seems to help. Objective end of scope is 2.07 inches in diameter.

This is all new to me....all advice welcomed, and "Gracias" is advance.

LL

Loophole I've had good luck with Millett rings, the vertical split type and with the 40mm front scope bell I bought the high rings just in case.

We shoot a 22 falling plates game up here in the winter and Labouche tunes lots of 10-22 for us. One thing he always does is additional screws in the base, mine has a total of 6 which is 4 extra. The way we shoot and the recoil impulse of the 10-22 can shake them loose so added seurity is a good thing.

You've got to do a little math. Let's see if I can remember this:

Bell outside diameter/2 + desired gap between scope and barrel = tube diameter/2 + base height + ring height

This is assuming that the top of the barrel is even with the top of the receiver.

Archived