SASS Wire Forum

Gun stock duplicating- who does it & how expensive is it?

Ethan Cord

Howdy pards,

I called up Boyds who has a pretty good selection of gun replacement gun stocks, but they don't duplicate according to the sales lady I spoke to.

I need to replace a Marlin shotgun forend and stock. I have the wood that came with the gun but it has been cut or damaged.

Can any of you recommend someone who's work you have firsthand knowledge of? Also, do you have any idea of the cost involved?

Thanks!

Ethan

I have a buddy at work who does them and he's pretty good in my estimation (judging from what I have seen), If you go to WWW.Varminthunters.com, look for K-9 Krippler and you can see some of his work. Can get you an e-mail and phone # later if you want. Don't have any idea what he charges.

Thanks guys. I'm checking out your leads!

Unless you're looking for fancy wood - you might try Gunparts corp. Formerly Numrich Arms in West Hurley NY. They might just have factory take-off stocks for your model and they would be a heck of a lot cheaper than going to a stock maker.

Ethan,

Don't know that he still does it, but Shotgun Bill makes custom stocks for his custom guns.

Always found him reliable and reasonable.

I don't have his phone # anymore, and don't live in MI any more either.

Check with Colt McAllister, he should be able to help you get in touch with him.

Archived