SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone

BlackJack Daniels

Can anyone give me some info on this event and/or add. info on local club shoots. We may try to plan a vacation around this. See earlier post...Thanks much!

Two clubs shoot the Tombstone Livery, which is about 2 miles north of town. Bordertown is held that week, I believe. Check out the Arizona SASS clubs. Great shooting with great pards at Tombstone. Bordertown is probably sold out by now, but it would be worth the call to see if an opening exists or if you could be put on the waiting list.

Do a web search for Tombstone and Helldorado Days. Lots of info on the web.

Good luck. Wish I could get back down there. LOVED Tombstone and the area. October is a great time of year there.

BorderTown has an alternate list. If some one cancels they will use this call list to fill out the Posse list.

IIRC, at the present time they have reached the Max Quota.

This State Championship is so popular it fills in 10 days or less. 300 shooter's I believe.

If you like up-close targets this is the Match. ;)

Bordertown is the weekend after Helldorado days in Tombstone, They are full, But that weekend they do have the SASS ARIZONA STATE WILD BUNCH Championship and there are still spaces available and the weekend before that Los Vaqueros has their 2 day annual match! plenty of shooting to go around.

Rafe :FlagAm:

Bordertown is the weekend after Helldorado days in Tombstone, They are full, But that weekend they do have the SASS ARIZONA STATE WILD BUNCH Championship and there are still spaces available and the weekend before that Los Vaqueros has their 2 day annual match! plenty of shooting to go around.

Rafe :FlagAm:

Thanks for all the feed back. I take it that if I really want to enjoy Tombstone,have the experience and not by rushed or crowded through it I might want to chose another weekend beside Helldorado Days. Is that true?

During Helldorado Days parking is at a premium (read you'll pay to park) and it'll be wall to wall people. I enjoy going down to Tombstone about once a month to just wander through. I try to avoid Helldorado Days because it gets crazy.

No matter when you go, you're going to enjoy the town.

Archived