SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Vacation..Arizona?

BlackJack Daniels

Miss Alaineous McSween and I are kickin' around an idea of useing a week of RCI timeshare in Arizona. We have to go to the "Circle Rodeo"(Nascar) the weekend of Oct.14-16 in Charlotte,NC. but after that we were ponderin'headin west to see the Helldorado Days in Tombstone,which I think is the following weekend. There are RCIs in Tucson and Oro Valley that we though might be close enough. We still think about the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum in Wyoming. I would like to inncorperate Cowboy shoot or two while we are out there or wherever. Even on the local club level which is always fun! Is Tombstone and Helldorado days all its cracked up to be? I need a Cowboy Action Shooting Travel Agent! LOL. Any sugestions on this "once in a lifetime" vacation would be Greatly Appreciated!

I don't know about Helldorado Days,but I can tell you the folks at Tombstone are a great bunch to shoot with.Shot with them this spring in one of the monthly matches and they put on a good one.

I don't know about Helldorado Days,but I can tell you the folks at Tombstone are a great bunch to shoot with.Shot with them this spring in one of the monthly matches and they put on a good one.

Hey thanks I'm starvin' for info...Name of club? Location? Contacts? Any info is GREATLY appreciated!

http://www.bordertowncas.com/schedule_of_events.htm

Check out Bordertown. This is the AZ State Championship held on the range just outside of Tombstone. It's full but is scheduled the week after Heldorado days. I assume there is a waiting list. But the web site should give you contact info and to get you info on the host club in Tombstone.

Nah. Since your already going to be in NC, just head south to DISNEYWORLD!! That, is an adult vacation. Kids mostly in school, enjoy at your leisure. It is also time for the FOOD celebration at Epcot.

Coffinmaker

Howdy,

My Mom lives in Sierra Vista, so we went down for a few days last year. We shot a 2-day match with Los Vaqueros, one of the clubs that shoot at the Tombstone Livery about 2-3 miles outside Tombstone. They are GREAT folks and Merlot an I had a blast! Was still awful warm though. They are listed in the SASS clubs for Arizona. Their shoot was the weekend of Helldorado days so we just packed up and went into Tombstone for lunch.

I can tell you it is one crowded little town that weekend. Don't be in a hurry to get anywhere or buy anything 'cause there are some pretty long lines in a lot of places. It's still a hoot to walk around, see the free shows in the street and visit the stores and bars.

If you have never been, I highly recommend touring the Birdcage Theater. It is a little pricey but the history alone is worth the admission.

If you are in the area for more than a couple days, go down to Benson and walk around. Lots of nice shops and an open pit copper mine from the mining days. Also, Fort Huachuca has an excellent little museum about the Apache wars, the black cavalry regiments and life at the fort during the 1880's an '90's.

We have fun every time we get down there.

Shakey

Howdy again,

I forgot to add that the RCI clubs in Tucson are about 80 miles from Tombstone and the one in Oro Valley that I know about is about 125 miles from Tombstone. Not too bad unless you want to shoot. I think they start about 9 or 10 so it would be up early and drive down in time for the brief and registration.

Shakey

Don't forget to hydrate! ;)

Hey Blackjack,

October's a busy month around our way. The Tombstone Livery hosts the following during the month.

1st Sun. - Old Pueblo Shootists

2nd Sat. & 2nd Sunday- Ghost Riders Outlaws

3rd Sat, & 3rd Sun, - Los Vaqueros

4th weekend is the SASS AZ State Wild Bunch Match (I believe there's openings for this one) & Helldorado Days

26th thru 30th - Bordertown - SASS State Championship (I believe it's full but there's always last minute dropouts perhaps you could get lucky.)

If you need any more info let me know.

Wily

Tombstone is a great place. There are multiple clubs that shoot, the shops advertise with "SASS" stickers in their windows, and there are a dozen stores that sell period guns, grips, and clothing. It's like a giant strip mall for cowboy action. I haven't seen their Helldorado event, but I frequently travel to Sierra Vista on business and I visit Tombstone every time. Have fun!

-Solo Sam

Hey Pard,

Have fun in AZ. Just came back from there. One word of advice, the whole damn state is a speed trap. Just got a ticket in the mail for speeding and cost me over $200. They use ground sensors and cameras and will gladly send you your picture driving your vehicle and a bill. Happy Trails.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Southern (actually anywhere in) AZ is my favorite place to go for vacation.

You can't go wrong with the shooting, Pards, mountains, and desert.

We've gone to Tucson (several), Oro Valley, Seirra Vista, Casa Grande, and of course TOMBSTONE!!!

Mustang Gregg &

Calamity JoAnne

Hey Pard,

Have fun in AZ. Just came back from there. One word of advice, the whole damn state is a speed trap. Just got a ticket in the mail for speeding and cost me over $200. They use ground sensors and cameras and will gladly send you your picture driving your vehicle and a bill. Happy Trails.

The whole state is a speed trap? If you got nailed by a camera then you were doing more than 11 miles over the speed limit.

I believe you would get a ticket in most states, wouldn't you?

The whole state is a speed trap? If you got nailed by a camera then you were doing more than 11 miles over the speed limit.

I believe you would get a ticket in most states, wouldn't you?

Ground sensors and cameras....What a lazy way of making revenue! I used to run radar just to catch real bad guys. Good folks were ussually warned...I mean it is to promote safety isn't it? Bad guys don't mail in fines. They are probably under suspension,under the influence or in an illegal vehicle anyway. Driving 76mph though the open desert.. I don't think that makes you a bad man. Glad I'm retired! Thanks for the advice though.

All about Arizona clubs and shoots.

Good luck, Castalia

ARIZONA CLUB SHOOTS:

1st SATURDAY --------- RIO SALADO CAS east of Phoenix.

Contact: Greg Bullseye Bucky Lair, 480-980-2115; Buckys509@cox.net

Directions: Take AZ Hwy 60 East from Hwys I-17 & I-10 to Ellsworth Road and turn North onto Ellsworth. Ellsworth Road changes to Usury Road (same road, name change). You will pass thru the McDowell intersection and proceed approximately 2 miles on Usury Road. Look for the Rio Salado Sports Club sign and turn west into the range. You will see a large phoenix painted on the hill behind the range. Shooters meeting 9 A.M. (8:00 AM June thru Sept.) There is a 4-stage practice match on the Friday night (5:30 P.M.) before the Saturday match morning match.

1st. SUNDAY --------- OLD PUEBLO SHOOTIST ASSN. near Tombstone.

Contact: Tom Solicitor General Jacobs 520-749-6838 email: SolicitorGeneral@OldPuebloShootists.com

Directions: Just north of Tombstone, AZ off Hwy 82 near the intersection of Hwy. 80 at Tombstone Livery. Start shooting at 9 A.M.

1st SUNDAY ------------ COWTOWN north of Phoenix.

Contact: Gail Barbwire Snow 480-488-3064; barbwire@ccsa-az.us

Directions: Take Hwy I-17 north. Turn west (Exit 223) onto Carefree Hwy.(AZ 74). Turn south onto Lake Pleasant Road (Peoria/Sun City) for ½ mile. Turn west onto old Carefree Hwy (gravel road). Stay on gravel road for approximately 2 ½ miles until you hit Cowtown. During the summer starts at 8 A.M; in Winter 9 A.M.

2nd SATURDAY -------- ARIZONA COWBOY SHOOTERS ASSN. north of Phoenix.

Contact: Tim Big Tim Popovich 623-388-9279; email bigtim@acsinc.com

Wayne Larsen E. Pettifogger Nordwall 623-516-1922; email: wnordwall@cox.net

Directions: Ben Avery Range starting at 7:30 AM for Long Range Event. North on I-17 Hwy to Carefree Hwy which is 10 miles north of Bell Road. Turn west (Exit 223) on Carefree Hwy. Ben Avery is ¼ mile west of I-17. Follow road past the main public range. Match held on practical pistol range and shooting starts at 8:00 A.M. (9:00 AM start during winter).

2nd SATURDAY --------- TOMBSTONE GHOST RIDER OUTLAWS near Tombstone

Contact: Jerry Wily Yankee DePuma, 520-400-8962 or Email: wily.yankee@yahoo.com

Directions: Just north of Tombstone, AZ off Hwy 82 near the intersection of Hwy. 80 at Tombstone Livery. Start shooting at 9 A.M.

2nd SUNDAY ------------ COLORADO RIVER REGULATORS near Lake Havasu City.

Contact: Thom Crowheart Yaras 928-855-2893; email: Thompdp@aol.com

Charles Trinity Wittmaack 928-855-6155; email: chaswitt@citlink.net

Directions: Sara Park at mile-post #175 on AZ Hwy 95 one mile south of Lake Havasu City. The Regulators only shoot September through May. They stand-down during June, July and August.

2nd SUNDAY ------------ HIGH COUNTRY COWBOYS near Prescott.

Contact: Turquoise Bill, 928-925-7323; or turquoisebill@cableone.net

Ashfork Augustus, augustusaf@msn.com

Website: http://www.yavapairecteationleague.org/yrlSingleAction.aspx

Directions: If coming from Phoenix, go to Wickenberg to Hwy. 89. Turn North. Go through Wilmot. There is a bar on the right hand side pf the road outside of Wilhoit. The turn-off to the range is 2 miles from this bar. Look for Mile marker 297. Look for forest service road 71. It only goes one way. If coming from Prescott, go to Hwy 89 South. The range is 12.7 miles from the White Spar Safeway. As soon as you pass marker 298, look for Forest Service Road 71 and turn left.

3rd. SATURDAY -------- LOS VAQUEROS near Tombstone at Tombstone Livery.

Contact: Dave August West Griffey, 520-544-7888; davegriffey@earthlink.net

3rd SATURDAY -------- WHITE MOUNTAIN OLD WEST SHOOTIST near Snowflake.

Contact: Fred Stands Alone Parry, 928-537-8401, Email: eatswolves@yahoo.com

Directions: Take Pinedale Road out of Taylor and drive west 5.4 miles until you reach Forest Road #133 (dirt). Continue on Pinedale Road 3/4 miles past Forest Road #133, and turn right at the sign (small pistol with word SHOOT). Follow the road about ¾ mile to find the shooting place. NOTE: On the 1st Saturday of the month, WMOWS hosts a LONG RANGE match at ranges covering 50 to 650 yards. The Long Range match is in a valley 5.7 miles east of Taylor one Pinedale Road. Watch for a sign on the north side of the road. Winter matches start at 10 A.M.

3rd SATURDAY -------- COWTOWN COWBOY SHOOTERS ASSN. north of Phoenix.

Contacts: Gail Barbwire Snow 480-488-3064; barbwire@ccsa-az.us

Directions: Take Hwy I-17 north. Turn west (Exit 223) onto Carefree Hwy. Turn south onto Lake Pleasant Road (Peoria/Sun City) for ½ mile. Turn west onto old Carefree Hwy (dirt road). Stay on dirt road for approximately 2 ½ miles until you hit Cowtown. During the summer starts at 7 A.M; in Winter 9 A.M.

3rd SUNDAY ---------- ALTAR VALLEY PISTOLEROS near Three Points west of Tucson.

Contact: Rayleen Mean Rayleen Leisner, 520-235-0394 or rleisner@uph.org

Directions: Take I-10 Hwy. to I-19 Hwy south of Tucson. After half mile on I-19 turn west onto Hwy 86 toward Ajo Way. Drive 24 miles to Robles Junction and bear right. Drive 2-3 Miles and turn right (north) at the Tucson Rifle Club sign which is just past the 148 mile marker. Be sure to sign-in at the range office and note that you are a cowboy. Fee is paid when you get to cowboy range which is ¼ mile past office. Start time year-round is 9 AM.

3rd SUNDAY ------------ TONTO RIM MARAUDERS near Payson.

Contact: Sid Silverado Cid Dando, 928-595-1230 or sid@npgcable.com

Directions: Tonto Rim Range near Payson.

3rd SUNDAY ------------ THE MOHAVE MARSHALS near Kingman

David Concho Dave Kent 928-757-9175; email: conchodave@frontiernet.net

Pierre Pepe US Marshal Langois 928-753-4314; email: otee@citlink.net

Directions: Take Hwy I-40 west to exit 44. The take McConnico Road north until you reach Oatman Road. Drive west on Oatman Road approximately 5 miles until you see the Seven Mile Hill Shooting Range sign. Turn north into the range.

4th SATURDAY --------- YAVAPAI RANGERS near Cottonwood.

Contact: James Johnny Meadows Peoble, 928-567-9227;email: johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Karen Pure Lilly Crowder, 928-567-7291 or purelillys@aol.com

Directions: West on Forest Service Road 9571 approximately 8 miles north of Cottonwood. Because of the divided highway, you must go past 1 miles to turn around and come back if coming from the south.

4th SATURDAY …… DUSTY BUNCH near Casa Grande, Arizona Territory

Contact: Tom Squibber Thoresz or Honeydew, 520-568-2852 or Email: dustybunch@yahoo.com

Ail T. Azell, telegraph@gatheringoftheposses.com

Directions: If coming north on I-10 Hwy from Tucson turn west onto I-8 Hwy. Turn off I-8 Hwy at Exit 174 onto Trekell Road and proceed south for approximately one mile. Look for a CAS sign and turn left (east) onto Arica Road. You will first see the Trap Range/RV Park, but continue to the right and you will reach the Main Range. If coming south on Hwy I-10 from Phoenix, turn west onto Hwy 8. Turn south onto Trekell Road and proceed as noted above. Shooting starts at 8:00 AM.

4th SATURDAY ------- COLORADO RIVER SHOOTISTS north of Yuma.

Contact: Leon Cactus Jack Wilmot 928-726-7727; email: cactusjack2784@yahoo.com

Directions: Adair Range north on AZ Hwy 95b between mile posts 40 and 41. Juniors shoot free.

4th SATURDAY ------- COLORADO RIVER REGULATORS near Lake Havasu City.

Contact: Thom Crowheart Yaras 928-855-2893; email: Thompdp@aol.com

Charles Trinity Wittmaack 928-855-6155; email: chaswitt@citlink.net

Directions: Sara Park at mile-post #175 on AZ Hwy 95 one mile south of Lake Havasu City. The Regulators only shoot September through May. They stand-down during June, July and August.

5th SUNDAY ------------ ALTER VALLEY PISTOLEROS near Three Points west of Tucson.

Contact: Rayleen Mean Rayleen Leisner, 520-874-2465 or rleisner@uph.org

Note: Please call or email to verify matches and times.

Very good chance of not finding any rooms from Tombstone to Sierra Vista. Tucson would be the best bet. I think SASS members still get in for a discount to Old Tucson Studios.

And there is the Wild Western Festival Oct 14th-16th in Glendale at Sahuaro Ranch Park. SASS members get in for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good chance of not finding any rooms from Tombstone to Sierra Vista. Tucson would be the best bet. I think SASS members still get in for a discount to Old Tucson Studios.

And there is the Wild Western Festival Oct 14th-16th in Glendale at Sahuaro Ranch Park. SASS members get in for free.

From their website;

Complimentary SASS Admission Requirements

1. Members must be dressed in period costume with a SASS badge and must present a SASS ID card. (Jeans and modern shirts and shoes do not qualify as period costume.)

2. No live ammunition will be allowed in the Park. Dummy rounds in gunbelts will be allowed provided that the primers are dimpled and/or the brass is drilled.

3. Guns will be allowed provided that they are unloaded. (Guns will be safety checked at the gate).

4. No alcohol may be consumed by a SASS member wearing firearms.

5. SASS rules apply.

http://www.oldtucson.com/visit-ots/

Was in Phoenix the last week of July for the National Youth Soccer Championships. My wife was a team rep for Florida so I rented a car and went to Tombstone on Tuesday and on to Bisbee Wednesday norning before heading back to Phoenix. Was a nice little trip. Bisbee is worth the drive from Tombstone just for the views. Tombstone is neat but kind of touristy with all the shops.

We went to Old Tucson Studios on Saturday and had a blast. I had not been there since 1969. To bad that the fire destroyed so much in 95 but they are building a new set of buildings in the square that should be finished in October.

Everyone thinks we are nuts for being outside in 100 plus weather but it was not that bad. Much nicer at 103 with the low humidity than 95 with the Florida summer humidity. Did not sweat near as much in Arizona.

Soneday I plan another trip when I can bring my gear and shoot with some of the clubs in AZ.

1) Mission San Javier del Bac= prettiest Spanish Mission.

2) Oak Creek Canyon & Sedona.

3) Jerome

4) Canyon de Chelly (pronounced "de shay")==Navajo hideout

5) The Mogollon Rim (pronounced "muy-gee-yone)

6) Prescott- Saloon Row and the Courthouse (from Back to the Future & Billy Jack)

7) Bisbee (old copper town)

Howdy again,

I forgot to add that the RCI clubs in Tucson are about 80 miles from Tombstone and the one in Oro Valley that I know about is about 125 miles from Tombstone. Not too bad unless you want to shoot. I think they start about 9 or 10 so it would be up early and drive down in time for the brief and registration.

Shakey

I'd stay in Tucson, the drive ta Tombstone is not bad and there are lots of things ta see and do along the way. Tucson also has "Old Tucson" Studios, a full day there as well.

When I get a chance in the next few days I'll gather up my stuff for the area. Ya could easily spend a full week in that part of AZ... Tombstone, Bisby, Tucson, Camp Verde, and the Superstitions. Not ta mentions lots of ghost towns and native American ruins. If yer into driving ya go NE to Sedona and the Painted Desert.

Gonna be HOT tho..

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

All about Arizona clubs and shoots.

Good luck, Castalia

ARIZONA CLUB SHOOTS:

1st SATURDAY --------- RIO SALADO CAS east of Phoenix.

Contact: Greg “ Bullseye Bucky” Lair, 480-980-2115; Buckys509@cox.net

Directions: Take AZ Hwy 60 East from Hwys I-17 & I-10 to Ellsworth Road and turn North onto Ellsworth. Ellsworth Road changes to Usury Road (same road, name change). You will pass thru the McDowell intersection and proceed approximately 2 miles on Usury Road. Look for the Rio Salado Sports Club sign and turn west into the range. You will see a large phoenix painted on the hill behind the range. Shooters meeting 9 A.M. (8:00 AM June thru Sept.) There is a 4-stage practice match on the Friday night (5:30 P.M.) before the Saturday match morning match.

1st. SUNDAY --------- OLD PUEBLO SHOOTIST ASSN. near Tombstone.

Contact: Tom “Solicitor General” Jacobs 520-749-6838 –email: SolicitorGeneral@OldPuebloShootists.com

1st SUNDAY ------------ COWTOWN north of Phoenix.

Contact: Gail “Barbwire” Snow 480-488-3064; barbwire@ccsa-az.us

Directions: Take Hwy I-17 north. Turn west (Exit 223) onto Carefree Hwy.(AZ 74). Turn south onto Lake Pleasant Road (Peoria/Sun City) for ½ mile. Turn west onto “old” Carefree Hwy (gravel road). Stay on gravel road for approximately 2 ½ miles until you hit Cowtown. During the summer starts at 8 A.M; in Winter 9 A.M.

2nd SATURDAY -------- ARIZONA COWBOY SHOOTERS ASSN. north of Phoenix.

Contact: Tim “Big Tim” Popovich – 623-388-9279; email – bigtim@acsinc.com

Wayne “Larsen E. Pettifogger” Nordwall – 623-516-1922; email: wnordwall@cox.net

Directions: Ben Avery Range starting at 7:30 AM for Long Range Event. North on I-17 Hwy to Carefree Hwy which is 10 miles north of Bell Road. Turn west (Exit 223) on Carefree Hwy. Ben Avery is ¼ mile west of I-17. Follow road past the main public range. Match held on practical pistol range and shooting starts at 8:00 A.M. (9:00 AM start during winter).

2nd SATURDAY --------- TOMBSTONE GHOST RIDER OUTLAWS near Tombstone

Contact: Jerry “Wily Yankee” DePuma, 520-400-8962 or Email: wily.yankee@yahoo.com

2nd SUNDAY ------------ COLORADO RIVER REGULATORS near Lake Havasu City.

Contact: Thom “Crowheart” Yaras 928-855-2893; email: Thompdp@aol.com

Charles “Trinity” Wittmaack 928-855-6155; email: chaswitt@citlink.net

2nd SUNDAY ------------ HIGH COUNTRY COWBOYS near Prescott.

Contact: Turquoise Bill, 928-925-7323; or turquoisebill@cableone.net

Ashfork Augustus, augustusaf@msn.com

Website: http://www.yavapairecteationleague.org/yrlSingleAction.aspx

Directions: If coming from Phoenix, go to Wickenberg to Hwy. 89. Turn North. Go through Wilmot. There is a bar on the right hand side pf the road outside of Wilhoit. The turn-off to the range is 2 miles from this bar. Look for Mile marker 297. Look for forest service road 71. It only goes one way. If coming from Prescott, go to Hwy 89 South. The range is 12.7 miles from the White Spar Safeway. As soon as you pass marker 298, look for Forest Service Road 71 and turn left.

3rd. SATURDAY -------- LOS VAQUEROS near Tombstone at Tombstone Livery.

Contact: Dave “August West” Griffey, 520-544-7888; davegriffey@earthlink.net

3rd SATURDAY -------- WHITE MOUNTAIN OLD WEST SHOOTIST near Snowflake.

Contact: Fred “Stands Alone” Parry, 928-537-8401, Email: eatswolves@yahoo.com

Directions: Take Pinedale Road out of Taylor and drive west 5.4 miles until you reach Forest Road #133 (dirt). Continue on Pinedale Road 3/4 miles past Forest Road #133, and turn right at the sign (small pistol with word SHOOT). Follow the road about ¾ mile to find the shooting place. NOTE: On the 1st Saturday of the month, WMOWS hosts a LONG RANGE match at ranges covering 50 to 650 yards. The Long Range match is in a valley 5.7 miles east of Taylor one Pinedale Road. Watch for a sign on the north side of the road. Winter matches start at 10 A.M.

3rd SATURDAY -------- COWTOWN COWBOY SHOOTERS ASSN. north of Phoenix.

Contacts: Gail “Barbwire” Snow 480-488-3064; barbwire@ccsa-az.us

Directions: Take Hwy I-17 north. Turn west (Exit 223) onto Carefree Hwy. Turn south onto Lake Pleasant Road (Peoria/Sun City) for ½ mile. Turn west onto “old” Carefree Hwy (dirt road). Stay on dirt road for approximately 2 ½ miles until you hit Cowtown. During the summer starts at 7 A.M; in Winter 9 A.M.

3rd SUNDAY ---------- ALTAR VALLEY PISTOLEROS near Three Points west of Tucson.

Contact: Rayleen “Mean Rayleen” Leisner, 520-235-0394 or rleisner@uph.org

Directions: Take I-10 Hwy. to I-19 Hwy south of Tucson. After half mile on I-19 turn west onto Hwy 86 toward Ajo Way. Drive 24 miles to Robles Junction and bear right. Drive 2-3 Miles and turn right (north) at the Tucson Rifle Club sign which is just past the 148 mile marker. Be sure to sign-in at the range office and note that you are a cowboy. Fee is paid when you get to cowboy range which is ¼ mile past office. Start time year-round is 9 AM.

3rd SUNDAY ------------ TONTO RIM MARAUDERS near Payson.

Contact: Sid “Silverado Cid” Dando, 928-595-1230 or sid@npgcable.com

Directions: Tonto Rim Range near Payson.

3rd SUNDAY ------------ THE MOHAVE MARSHALS near Kingman

David “Concho Dave” Kent 928-757-9175; email: conchodave@frontiernet.net

Pierre “Pepe US Marshal” Langois 928-753-4314; email: otee@citlink.net

Directions: Take Hwy I-40 west to exit 44. The take McConnico Road north until you reach Oatman Road. Drive west on Oatman Road approximately 5 miles until you see the Seven Mile Hill Shooting Range sign. Turn north into the range.

4th SATURDAY --------- YAVAPAI RANGERS near Cottonwood.

Contact: James “Johnny Meadows” Peoble, 928-567-9227;email: johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Karen “Pure Lilly” Crowder, 928-567-7291 or purelillys@aol.com

Directions: West on Forest Service Road 9571 approximately 8 miles north of Cottonwood. Because of the divided highway, you must go past 1 miles to turn around and come back if coming from the south.

4th SATURDAY …… DUSTY BUNCH near Casa Grande, Arizona Territory

Contact: Tom “Squibber” Thoresz or “Honeydew”, 520-568-2852 or Email: dustybunch@yahoo.com

Ail T. Azell, telegraph@gatheringoftheposses.com

Directions: If coming north on I-10 Hwy from Tucson turn west onto I-8 Hwy. Turn off I-8 Hwy at Exit 174 onto Trekell Road and proceed south for approximately one mile. Look for a CAS sign and turn left (east) onto Arica Road. You will first see the Trap Range/RV Park, but continue to the right and you will reach the Main Range. If coming south on Hwy I-10 from Phoenix, turn west onto Hwy 8. Turn south onto Trekell Road and proceed as noted above. Shooting starts at 8:00 AM.

4th SATURDAY ------- COLORADO RIVER SHOOTISTS north of Yuma.

Contact: Leon “Cactus Jack” Wilmot 928-726-7727; email: cactusjack2784@yahoo.com

Directions: Adair Range north on AZ Hwy 95b between mile posts 40 and 41. Juniors shoot free.

4th SATURDAY ------- COLORADO RIVER REGULATORS near Lake Havasu City.

Contact: Thom “Crowheart” Yaras 928-855-2893; email: Thompdp@aol.com

Charles “Trinity” Wittmaack 928-855-6155; email: chaswitt@citlink.net

5th SUNDAY ------------ ALTER VALLEY PISTOLEROS near Three Points west of Tucson.

Contact: Rayleen “Mean Rayleen” Leisner, 520-874-2465 or rleisner@uph.org

Note: Please call or email to verify matches and times.

Could you repeat that please?

ts

Archived