SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys and Aliens starts today

Go West

This looks like a fun movie and I hope to see it today.

We saw it Friday and it was a blast (pun intended). Very fun with lots of action. Will it become a classic like Open Range, Tombstone or True Grit? I doubt it, but it was pretty entertaining.

Watch an hour-long segment on the History Channel (?) last night dealing with alien sightings during th 1800's. It was interesting . . . . :ph34r: They showed some footage of the Cowboys & Aliens flick & claimed the movie might be based on some actually happenings back then. :huh:

If the summer movie blockbuster Cowboys & Aliens isn't your speed,

You might like: Cowboys and Pokémon

~:Wylie:~

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MOVIES. I LIKE THE WESTERN PART OF IT. THE SYFI WAS GOOD ALSO.

LOOK'S TO BE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR TIME PERIOD. I WOULD SEE IT AGAIN. LATER

TUCO

Larson, actually it should be called Cowboys, Outlaws, & Apaches vs Aliens. If you liked "Starship Troopers" you'll like this. The Aliens didn't clutter up the production with a bunch of dialog. Nice scenery, open top conversions, '73's & 66's. The theater was air conditioned which was a real plus today.

The stage writers will have their work cut out for them on this one.

Ruff Cobb

It seems Harrison Ford has beenhaving personal problems since the release. These movie stars and their personal lives. Amazing how they treat each other and not even a close friends wife is off limits out there. http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live/93/2072964971/Wed%2C-Jul-27%2C-2011/videos?cmpid=FCST_hero_tv

Ruff, I do not think righting good stages will be all that tough BUT those poor guys who have to figure out making the props for those stage writers ideas are in fer a nightmare! I got tied up today but do plan to try for a Monday matinee.

Just got back from seeing it. I loved it, Daniel Craig makes for a pretty intense cowboy but I liked him. Thought Ford was great in his character, Cool how every one comes together to fight the common enemy, nice twist.

Worth seeing. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Frenchy

The wife and I saw the movie this afternoon and really enjoyed. If you go in with low expectations, you will be surprised and enjoy this movie. It is a fun movie. I found myself checking out the pistols and rifles and saddles and the western clothes just enjoying the air conditioned theatre here in Texas where hot and dry summers are normal. The cave scenes reminded me of the Tombstone mine we explored a couple of weeks ago....the fellow said it was 65 degrees down there ....sure felt goood. Go see the movie....and look for the bowie knife...Happy Trails

I just got back from seeing this one. A great entertaining movie - what else do you want!!!

Craig and Ford done good and Keith Carradine and Buck Taylor were good to see doing what they do best. I'll go see it again and put it on my Blu-Ray list for when it comes out. Hope it does well at the box office so more Westerns come our way!

Pretty good film. Didn't know that the Duke's grandson was in it (deputy shot by Dolarhyde's son). Guns looked to be correct. Mostly '66s and some Henrys. Mostly open tops and an S&W Schofield (Russian?), Remington, Spencer and a Colt Dragoon. Saddles looked good as well.

Liked the movie, like the suddenness of some of action, makes it move at real life speed instead of slowed down. Good acting, good costumes and firearms. Great special effects, liked the melting gold.

Good movie. Not great, but good. Glad we went, but own't be renting it view again. The speckled horse caught my eye as well as several actors who had a rough time getting down in the saddle. Great scenery. A few good laughs as well.

is it kid appropriate, my son is 8, he has seen Thor and Capt. America. Have not seen any reviews about it

Rafe :FlagAm:

A bit of alien (green) blood, and a kid chased by one, which had one woman clinging to her husband's arm. Opening scene has some scalp locks on saddles and some of the humans hit by alien weaponry have holes blasted in them. Some explosions where people disappear and Daniel Craig's wound is slightly gory. A little more "intense" than either of the two he's seen. Same level of intensity of, say, 3:10 To Yuma.

Tex

Fun Flick

I really liked the Beginning scene with Buck Taylor and his two real Sons as the Bad Guys,

they didn't last long, but they sure died cool

:wacko:

Alamo Kid

"Rootin'Tootin'Shootin'Tour" 2011

See ya all in Branson in Oct.

is it kid appropriate, my son is 8, he has seen Thor and Capt. America. Have not seen any reviews about it

Rafe :FlagAm:

Saw it last night without kids, I would not hesitate to take my 8 and 5 YO to it. If he has seen the Star Wars prequels and the Harry Potter movies this one is about the same. Would be curious about your view on it though.

I thought it was very original and enjoyed it

Thank You Wylie Harp. :excl:

I had to clean my monitor and keyboard to make this post.

Probably shouldn't be drinking coffee at the computer anyhow. :blush:

Archived