SASS Wire Forum

I have something unusual to trade.

Sawbuck

I have had a family member pass away recently. Well in the long and dificult task of cleaning up and getting rid of the stuff that one aquires over an 84 year live span. We came across a pair of Beltone hearing aids that we didn't know he had. Now my seven year old son is hearing impaired so he needs hearing aids to hear. But unfotunately these are in the canal aids so they are to big for my son and will not work. I'm kind of just testing the waters to see if there are any cowboys out there that would like to make a trade. This may be a weird thing to try and deal with on this forum. But you never know. Well, thanks for listening. And if you are interested let me know. Thanks.

My father was in the hearing aid business for 40+ years before he passed away. Having grown up in the business so to speak, I have to tell you that you may not get much interest in them. 1) Depending on how old they are, they may no longer function properly. A good hearing aid will last about 5-10 years. Newer aids are more complex thanones built 10 to 15 years ago. As such, they have micro-processors and filtering circuits especially tailored to a persons hear loss characteristics. 2) Hearing aids are like eyeglasses. They are built to match up with an individuals hearing loss. If the hearing aids are not set up based on the persons hearing loss profile, it would be kind of like being near-sighted and wearing someone else's glasses who was far-sighted. The hearing aids might not amplify at the range you need it, might not amplify enough, or too much.

If you can trade them for something interesting more power too you, My Mom passed away last October and I was in a quandry with what to do with her hearing aids, I finally gave them back to her hearing aid doctor, He doe's a lot of work with low income seniors often on his dime, I'm pretty sure he was able to put them back to work.Just a thought if you can't trade them.

Willy B'

If you can trade them for something interesting more power too you, My Mom passed away last October and I was in a quandry with what to do with her hearing aids, I finally gave them back to her hearing aid doctor, He doe's a lot of work with low income seniors often on his dime, I'm pretty sure he was able to put them back to work.Just a thought if you can't trade them.

Willy B'

Gud thought-

Old age aint cheep------

Guest jeweler jim

In my neck of the woods the Lions have the boxes set out where they collect old glasses and now they include the hearing aids. Refurbish and taylor to the needs of individuals who might not otherwise afford them. The two that are currently in my ears where about fifteen hundred a piece and that ain't as expensive as some. Will probably put them in one of those boxes when I next get new ones.

When we needed to up grade the hearing aids that my son wears I asked them what is to become of the old ones. They said they would take them, for free, then resale them at a reduced price. That didn't seem right to me. So we placed an add in the local paper and gave them to a little girl that needed them. They had to pay to get them adjusted for her ears. But it was a heck of a lot cheaper then the $3000.00 we paid for them. When I told the rest of the family that this is what my wife and I did with the extra set we had. They thought we should try and sell them or trade them first. Can't choose your family.

Archived