SASS Wire Forum

WTB Ruger .357 SA

I'm trying to add to my CAS equipment without breaking the bank or sleeping with the dog. I already have a Ruger New Model Blackhawk. .357 mag, SS, 6.5" bbl. I'm looking to find another Ruger (Blackhawk or old-or new-model Vaquero), so that I can shoot in matches. I don't want "tricked out" guns, since I also deer hunt with my firearms (also have a Marlin 1894c for competition/deer hunting) and I want something that won't shoot by itself in the field. I relize that I sacrifice speed, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I love the competition, but don't expect nor aspire to become a top-level "gamer."

Looking for a used, but well-maintained, gun (preferably of similar barrel length, so that I can use the same holster for it, but that's not huge). I can't afford new. Wish I could - maybe someday, but at a teacher's salary and 2 kids in college, there's precious little to spread around. I'd like to know if there's anything out there that I can even consider. Looking at $300.00. I know I'm probably SOL, but I have to try...

Archived