SASS Wire Forum

? on TTN 1897

Does the TTN 97 shotgun have chokes in them, mine looks like it does, but can't get it out, granted I don't have a choke wrench, tried the quarter coin which I use to take out my choke on my Winchester 97, but can't get it to budge. Now the winchester 97 has 4 slots on the choke tube, the TTN 97 has only 2 slots.

I have had this TTN 97 for 4 or 5 years and sits in the safe, thought of shooting it, so I clean it which didn't take much, but tried to take out the choke tube so I can at least put some grease on the threads so it is easier to remove, that is what I do to my 97 winnie and no problems taking it out with a quarter, but this sucker won't budge, any ideas without maybe buying a choke wrench, and if I have to buy a choke wrench, not sure what kind to get, so many out there for specific shotguns.

Ok, give me some ideas on what to do

All for now JD Trampas

TTn's take the Tru-Chokes. Brownells sells a dandy choke wrench, it expands to grip the inside of the tube (so's you don't booger the notches) and has a real handy crank handle. Never found a tube I couldn't get out. (yet)

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4177/Product/SPORTING_CLAYS_SPEED_WRENCH

The Briley wrench, look down the page, has notches but no expander. Both should provide enough leverage to get the tube out. I'm sure you already thought of spraying it liberally with penetrating oil like Kroil or RemOil.

Archived