SASS Wire Forum

what to do in denver or boulder CO

There is a shoot at byers this sunday then Casa Bonita!!!!!!!!! There is also a shoot on Saturday in Wellington. Depends on which weekend you can shoot every weekend. Let me know when and I will tell you where to shoot! :)

Painted Filly

Well, I am in that area pretty much every Sunday afternoon, I like to sit out in the shop, watch a western and load some ammo. :D

Casa Bonita is fun if you haven't been there before and especially if you have kids along. there is a great train museum in Golden, not sure if it's open Sundays or not. A drive up Boulder canyon and then across the peak to peak highway to Estes Park might be something you'd enjoy. Or skip that and just go up to Estes and then into Rocky Mountain National Park.

All depends on what you are interested in.

Grizz

Stay away from Aurora! :rolleyes:

I never fully understood Mork & Mindy until I went to Boulder on a visit to my Aunt in Broomfield back in 1994. Made perfect sense after that! I believe an alien could very easily go un-noticed there. :lol:

Is that returaunt still open in Denver that has the free glass of wine offer if you dress ins some "period" frontier garb? I went to the Front-Range gun club shoot while I was out there. Went through on my way to Ft. Collins about four years ago but didn't have time to sight-see or stop.

Bodine

I second Grizz's idea of the walking plaza in downtown Boulder. Nice restaurants, interesting people, and a great way to spend an afternoon if that's all the time you have.

A drive up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park would also be an afternoon of more outdoor fun.

Might be a liitle out of the way but

Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave

William Frederick Cody, the famous Western scout, is buried atop Lookout Mountain, south of Golden. (Some folks claim that friends stole Cody's body after his sister sold it to the City of Denver and the Denver Post, hightailed it north, and buried it in ... · more

Location: 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, 303/526-0747 · map

Hours: May-Oct daily 9am-5pm; Nov-Apr Tues-Sun 9am-4pm

Does the Coors brewery in Golden still give tours??

Not since my Uncle Pat died there. Uncle Pat was a Irishman who worked most of his life at the Coors plant until one day he accidently fell into one of the vats. His co-workers tried gallantly to save him from but Uncle Pat fought them off three times before he drown. They said he kept diving to the bottom of the vat, smiling and drinking the beer. :huh: Per his last request we had his body cremated. It was the longest cremation I ever attended. His body burned for three days. :lol:

Archived