SASS Wire Forum

Posting scores

Free Bird 61147

I shoot at a large SASS club twice a month. For the approximate last two years they have stopped posting the scores on their website, and if they do it is at least a month or more afterwards. It can't be money because they charge more than anyother club for membership and for shoot fees. Many top shooters no longer attend the shoots for this reason and a host of others. When asked why no scores I get, "Ask someone else" or "It's a computer problem". I feel posting scores in a timely manner is important. How important is it to you?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We compete...we should see scores! :D For me the scores are very important...and I like the scoring details (raw time/misses/Ps/etc)...not just the total time.

Your club's issue me be that they lack someone who knows how to post the scores on a website. If you know how...volunteer! If not, find a friend that you can volunteer! :D

It is important to me, I like to see how I did against my past times, other folks who generally shoot the same, etc etc.

I know that is takes time and effort of volunteers to format and upload the scores and I appreciate their time and effort.

Volunteer to help out with the scores.

It's very important to me. Sometimes our club does not post them till 3 weeks later and by then I have forgotten the stages. Another pet peeve is an RO who whisphers the time to the scorekeeper. It's a competition and as far as I am concerned everyone's score should be called out loud enough to be heard by those within 15 feet or so and so should the misses. I have had them whisper my time and if I am standing over 5 feet from the person I can't hear it.

Scores? They score this?? :blink::lol: :lol:

One of the clubs I shoot at is real good about posting scores.

The other one, not so much. It seems posting at the second club is done by the wife of the former President. Since he left his post his wife doesn't have any interest in posting, but for some reason the new officers can't get control of the website. As a result a lot of people think the club is in trouble. It still has good monthly matches and a lot of shooters. It is very sad.

As to the original question, I am trying to improve my game. It is important for me to know how I performed in comparison to other shooters. Even if I know my own times, measuring against others shooting the same course of fire is the only way I can measure my progress. I have not quite attained the Zen state.

The club should post the scores as soon as possible. For many shooters, it's important to see how they did in class and overall. Our club posts them shortly after the shoot at the club, and on the website within a few days. I usually don't bother, as my times haven't changed.

It is important to me, I like to see how I did against my past times, other folks who generally shoot the same, etc etc.

I know that is takes time and effort of volunteers to format and upload the scores and I appreciate their time and effort.

Volunteer to help out with the scores.

I'm with Grizzly on this one. I like to see how I did against my previous scores. It's fun to see how I'm doing compared to the others, but for me, I just like to see improvement in my times.

Seems the volunteering to help with scores is a good idea, Griz beat me to that one! If they don't want your help, then I'm guessin that the club has more problems than just postin scores, as you alluded to!

Good luck, pard!

:FlagAm:

I think posting the scores is important to enough people that it needs to be done quickly. As the match director for the Cherokee Cowboys, I like to get it done quickly. We usually have the scores posted on the website by the end of the shooting day. But then I'm fortunate to have really good people helping me out.

Badlands Bob

I think posting the scores is important to enough people that it needs to be done quickly. As the match director for the Cherokee Cowboys, I like to get it done quickly. We usually have the scores posted on the website by the end of the shooting day. But then I'm fortunate to have really good people helping me out.

Badlands Bob

+1

BB, Joe West and their crew do a great job of getting the scores up quickly, not to mention providing an all around excellent shooting experience, good stages, fans, ice cold water, friendly people.

I like to see the scores posted so I can check my progress and see how I'm doing in comparison to my pards. I won't say I wouldn't shoot at a club that didn't post scores, but if I had a choice between two comparable clubs I would pick the one that provides that information.

its a huge issue, in todays instant society

geeeese

git er done fer the paying folks

sassmaddmike@yahoo.com

and tell me

why not

iffen ya dont think it is necessary

even cave men have puters now-A-days

I post the scores for the Ozark Posse and if we shoot on Saturday, I will have people on my case if I don't get them posted by Monday.

Very important!

I have a printout of every match Old Top and I have shot since we started this. I like to see where we are (by no means at the top) sometimes we will place either third or last depending on how you read it....(only 3 49ers in that match)

also it can be braggin rights for me or top for that month.

curley

Hello,

It's a poor excuse for a club that cannot post the scores within a few days of a match.

Regards,

Allie Mo

+1

Free Bird - have ya talked with your TG or MD about it? (if'n ya have one)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

we shoot sat and sun. right after the match maybe half hour the scores are read. mon or tues they get posted sometimes a little later. our group does a great job. i thank them , Bo

I shoot at a large SASS club twice a month. For the approximate last two years they have stopped posting the scores on their website, and if they do it is at least a month or more afterwards. It can't be money because they charge more than anyother club for membership and for shoot fees. Many top shooters no longer attend the shoots for this reason and a host of others. When asked why no scores I get, "Ask someone else" or "It's a computer problem". I feel posting scores in a timely manner is important. How important is it to you?

Read em' out at the match and post em' on the net the same day at our club. I really believe that if you are not doing scores and posting them soon your attendance will be less......the only exception to that are clubs where they may be the only show in town.

'Round here there are so many clubs now that if you don't run a tight ship you may be hosting matches for a really small crowd.

If the event is scored the scores must be published or emailed to participants.

Part of paying our entry fee is to receive the scores, IMHO.

Hacker

Hacker is right! You pay for a match, it should be part of it!

I like to see scores from people I shoot with, when i couldn't shoot that day.

It is important to me or I would not have folks bother to write them down.

Do you have access to web space? Looks like that club has an open position......

Cheers,

BJT

Posting scores is no problem if they use my Cowboy Action Scoring website which is free for any club to use.

I'm a programmer and website designer so when I began Cowboy Action shooting several years ago I decided to create a website where clubs could post their scores.

To post scores all someone has to do is enter the raw data into a form and post it to the website. Then from their website just put on a link to my website. They can even set it up so the link takes viewers directly to their club's scores.

The data is presented in 8 different formats with scores for individual stages along with overall results. It even calculates "rank" scoring.

If anyone is interested in using this site just shoot me an email at griecke@aboutmontana.net and I'll set you up.

Here's a link to the website: Cowboyactionscoring.com

Gary "Sage Creek Gus" Riecke

Hello,

It's a poor excuse for a club that cannot post the scores within a few days of a match.

Regards,

Allie Mo

A few days? No, a few hours... I come home from the match after closing everything down, sign on to the web site, and by that time here comes Wildcat with three fingers of Crown Royal Black, and she pulls my boots off. What a sweetie. :wub: It has become a routine. The scores are usually posted within two hours of the match. I have 'em spoiled. ;) People DO appreciate it.

Okie, I have much the same routine with the vids I take at matches. Only I have to take my own boots off. I eat some lunch as I upload and label the vids. It's a nice way to cool off and wind down after 5+ hours on my feet outside and another hour plus driving.

And judging from the number of hits they get, folks like seeing them.

Though it's not an 'official' function of the club, I like to think it adds something to it.

Grizz

Okie, I have much the same routine with the vids I take at matches. Only I have to take my own boots off. I eat some lunch as I upload and label the vids. It's a nice way to cool off and wind down after 5+ hours on my feet outside and another hour plus driving.

And judging from the number of hits they get, folks like seeing them.

Though it's not an 'official' function of the club, I like to think it adds something to it.

Grizz

The vids are a cool thing - The Rockford regulators have a you tube page. They get 'em up during the week...the scores are up in a day or two and the club photographer, Tin Type Charlie, takes a few days to have his pictures online also. I think a few day time frame is big time fair considering they do it for free. Besides, those that attended the match can pick up the score postings right then and there. So I really so no big reason to have to 'rush' and get it online within a couple hours.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

How important? if your not going to post scores then just shoot blanks and not use a timer.

I like to know how I did compared to my pards and how I did compared to past matches.

Have good time and make new friends

CCBA :FlagAm::lol:

Yes, I really want to see my scores after a shoot. That's why we keep the time in the first place...or so I thought.

One of the clubs I shoot at regularly (The Cowboys of Norco) do an excellent job at getting the scores up for us to see. We shot Sunday and I'll be the scores are going to be on their website by the time I get home tonight. The other two clubs I shoot at.....well, not so good. One site hasn't been updated since January and the others are at about a one month lag time. It's a work in progress to get them posted faster.

I'm in this SPORT to compete and win.

In order to win I have to improve.

In order to imrove I need to know SPECIFICALLY what to work on.

Like Nellie Blue said, I want to see all the details; raw time against the other shooters, misses, procedurals, etc.

Without that information I may was well be out by my lonesome punching holes in paper. :blink:

So you may very well shoot at a club where one or two or a few folks VOLUNTEER to write scenarios, set-up and paint targets, mow, take in the monies for the match, pay to shoot same as you, then put stuff up after the match and you're gonna bitch about the scores not being posted? Who's GOTTA do it? VOLUNTEER!

That being said, I do appreciate it when they are posted in a timely manner, but I never feel I'm ENTITLED to it.

Free Bird!

I've got a solution for you.

Why don't you have the club copy their scores on a thumb drive

Then when you get home, get unloaded and stuff put away you can post the scores for them!

Win win situation. I'm sure the club would appricate it and give access to their web!

Archived