SASS Wire Forum

So I was just wonderin'..........

Clay Mosby

Just sittin' an' wonderin' 'bout things can often get me in trouble, but sometimes I just can't help myself. :ph34r:

When did we shift from a country whose people lived with pride in their citizenship, who believed in lending a helpin' hand to others, to a country hell bent on offering benefits and services to those not here legally? Benefits that in some cases are not available to citizens. It seems in just the last couple of years an epidemic of "let's throw out everything that made America what it was", has swept across the land. It was brought home this year when it took my nephew 18 months of wranglin' with beaurocracy to get permission for his English wife to join him here, while our governement is welcoming those entering illegally with open arms.

What I was thinking was even more amazing, is the almost total lack on response from the public. Oh sure, there's a few pockets of opposition that make the news now and then, but otherwise there seems to be almost no reaction to the dismantling of the America that was.

Very sad.:(

I think there are many of us who feel just as you do. Unfortunately, none of us have much of a voice in the media outlets, and perception is seen as reality.

Just keep up the good fight, pray for our leaders and country as a whole, try and live by example, engage in conversation with others ....continue to contact our congressmen, senators, and the president and vote, vote, vote!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I love our America - and still beleive we can regain the pride in our country as a nation

Drinks are on me. :lol:

Just sittin' an' wonderin' 'bout things can often get me in trouble, but sometimes I just can't help myself. :ph34r:

When did we shift from a country whose people lived with pride in their citizenship, who believed in lending a helpin' hand to others, to a country hell bent on offering benefits and services to those not here legally? Benefits that in some cases are not available to citizens. It seems in just the last couple of years an epidemic of "let's throw out everything that made America what it was", has swept across the land. It was brought home this year when it took my nephew 18 months of wranglin' with beaurocracy to get permission for his English wife to join him here, while our governement is welcoming those entering illegally with open arms.

What I was thinking was even more amazing, is the almost total lack on response from the public. Oh sure, there's a few pockets of opposition that make the news now and then, but otherwise there seems to be almost no reaction to the dismantling of the America that was.

I think it was about the time we elected FDR, and that led to a significant

downturn in our philosophy of what it means to be American.

All the rest is just more symptomatic dissolution of the American dream.

But, I might be wrong . . . .

Shadow Catcher

It has happened to me as well.

Back in the early 70's I had orderers back to the world. Ex is a full blood Apache so my kids are 3/4 blood.

Embassey said they could go to the states....not me !! Said I was not a American because the Embassey had no paperwork on me !

I thought then and still think it now, that I'm still preaching to the west wind ! Sad.....really sad ! :angry:

Honestly the people I know and hang out with are Americans.. all of you guys and gals are Americans.. so I think our country will be just fine. Are having a few problems.. well yes we are, we have before too though. So, in the end I simply know we will be okay, because we don't run to other countries to help us out, we simply stand up and fight. Be it with a vote or a gun, we take a stand for America.. I am not worried one bit..

Archived