SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of Football

Could this be the year for 'Bama to finally roll?

Could Texas Tech win the big one?

Could Illini and Big Blue finally get some traction?

Will USC be allowed to play this year?

Will Slippery Rock maintain it's standard of excellance?

Soooooo many questions, so few answers.

Could this be the year for 'Bama to finally roll?

Could Texas Tech win the big one?

Could Illini and Big Blue finally get some traction?

Will USC be allowed to play this year?

Will Slippery Rock maintain it's standard of excellance?

Soooooo many questions, so few answers.

I didn't know there could be any discussion. USC. USC. USC. Trojans. USC. :D

Like that.

Seems like lately I'm getting just a little down on college football, not the game itself, just the crap going on off the playing field. :angry: The fiasco at Ohio State comes to mind first because it was the latest.

I am a Trojan till my dying day, but sadly football is not the same as when I played. Sure I was on scholarship, got books, room/board and a stipend (which by the way I actually had to work for and filed income tax on...paid by the hour :o We actually played Freshman Football, there was no such thing as "redshirt" (that was the QB during practice!) and had to go to class and maintain our GPA. I actually graduated with my class.Not the same now :wacko:

Guess I'm thru with my rant and waiting for the season to actually start. Fight On :wub:

I enjoy the excitement of the game at the high school and college level. I could actually enjoy a pro game if the teams were well balanced. What others have said about the quality of the game of football is true. The real losers are the kids. I played high school football but was way too small for

college ball. I wasn't that good either. But from the time I was old enough to see a football game, I could not wait to get into the game. We won our division championship twice and I got to play on those teams.

I suspect that today, the smell of money has tainted some of those aspiring young players, and football programs.

I guess I could not blame them, but it has detracted from the game for me. <_<

Since Oklahoma is rated #1, and they usually play some little Jr College for their first game, they'll probably get stomped. :)

I'm just wishin' the other Oklahoma team (OSU Cowboys) could put together a 12-0 season. They're long overdue.

Texas Tech win the big one?!!?! Yeah, right, when H*ll freezes over! Oh yeah, I forgot, the Saints won the Superbowl not long ago, so I guess stranger things have happened. :wacko::blink: But not very often. I'd bet on the #$%^ Aggies first.

Hook 'em Horns! (surely we'll do better than last year. :angry: )

JHC

Archived