SASS Wire Forum

FBI Facilitates Illegal Gun Sales?

It just keeps coming......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/25/feds-refuse-to-explain-why-proper-background-checks-werent-conducted-on-fast/

Now the FBI is responsible for approving hundreds of sales to felons thru NICS at the request of BATFE....

Come on...we want to know WHO knew WHAT, and WHEN!!!!! WHO approved this show?

More hearings coming....

LL

Pretty lame too that the administration is using the reuslts of 'Operation Fast & Furious' to support more border state gun control...especially when they were the ones to tell the dealers to sell to the 'red-flagged' customers in the first place :angry:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Pretty lame too that the administration is using the reuslts of 'Operation Fast & Furious' to support more border state gun control...especially when they were the ones to tell the dealers to sell to the 'red-flagged' customers in the first place :angry:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, GG, that's the rub...they're STILL making those arguments, and ignoring the investigation and the Committee subpoenae....

Right now, NO ONE is named as the person(s) who conceived and authorized this operation; it looks like some folks are content to leave it "vague"......and undetermined as to the actual motivation. How could anyone at BATFE possibly believe that they could "trace" illegal weapons into Mexico, when they had no one on the ground in Mexico, no intelligence network, and no paper trail or electronic surveillance? If this was not a serious effort to trace guns to their ultimate illegal purchasers, then what was it? At best, it demonstrated that if the FBI and BATFE were directly complicit in promoting and authorizing illegal sales, then guns could get to Mexico - nothing more.

Of course, if you were a suspicious sort of fellow, you might draw a connection between this program and certain arguments made by certain elected/appointed types that our Southwestern border states are loaded with irresponsible gun dealers who are flooding Mexico with illegal weapons.....

Me??? I don't believe in coincidences.....and I want to see those responsible EXPOSED, and the actual reason for this "program" laid bare. I know...probably too much to hope for...but if a couple of boobs at the Washington Post could get to the bottom of a Cuban immigrant burglary, somebody can turn this one inside out. PLEASE!!!!

LL

Like Watergate, you gotta wonder if the path will lead to the White House.

Ya think?!

Now who does the BATFE and the FBI work for?

As Harry S Truman used to say "the buck stops here".

You grossly overestimate the will of the media to expose their chosen ones as complicit in these escapades. So long as it supports their agenda, (disarming and subjugating the general population) exposing these thugs and idiots is counterproductive. It is not that they don't know, it is that they don't want you to know!

The media, (and those who control the media) have put the people in office in many positions that they want and to cause those individuals that they support to be removed or even questioned is at crossed purposes to their, (those in the media) goals.

You grossly overestimate the will of the media to expose their chosen ones as complicit in these escapades. So long as it supports their agenda, (disarming and subjugating the general population) exposing these thugs and idiots is counterproductive. It is not that they don't know, it is that they don't want you to know!

The media, (and those who control the media) have put the people in office in many positions that they want and to cause those individuals that they support to be removed or even questioned is at crossed purposes to their, (those in the media) goals.

Maybe...but CBS News broke this story in the first place...much to their credit. The often craven desire for "news" and ratings seems to regularly overcome any political goals of most news organizations.

LL

Interesting point, but do the American people care enough about what is going on to even do a basic search and read up on what "our"

government is doing? No point in blaming the media for our general lack of interest in what elected officials are doing.

I am remembering a quote from a movie "Heck, I'm in the government and I don't even trust it. You don't have to believe in your government to be a good American. You just have to believe in your country"

L.L., you're absolutely correct about CBS breaking the news. I'm still waiting for them or any other news agency to follow up on it.

I'm still of the opinion that they have little interest in exposing or even accusing their chosen ones and their lackeys of any wrong doing.

I'm also dubious of any real congressional investigation coming out of this. Like J. Mark says, they don't even trust themselves! :lol:

I sincerely hope that I am wrong about this, but I've got little faith.

Yes, but the House Oversight Committee is chaired by a Republican.

The Watergate investigation took 2 1/2 years to unfold and started out much the same way. Initial stonewalling by the govt, a reluctant media etc. CBS broke this story, but as can be seen from the OP that Fox News is on it as is the Wall Street Journal and other print outlets, not to mention the internet outlets.

I don't think the media will shrink from this as nothing sells better than a scandal. You gotta know that the NRA is lobbying the media to focus attention. This could get interesting.

It just keeps coming......

http://www.foxnews.c...ducted-on-fast/

Now the FBI is responsible for approving hundreds of sales to felons thru NICS at the request of BATFE....

Come on...we want to know WHO knew WHAT, and WHEN!!!!! WHO approved this show?

More hearings coming....

LL

I've been following this story from the get go and I'm surprised I haven't bashed my head into a wall yet! This gets me so mad I can't stand it! Where's the media on this???? This should be front page news everyday! The whole entire Obama administration should be called up for an investigation NOW! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

Interesting point, but do the American people care enough about what is going on to even do a basic search and read up on what "our"

government is doing? No point in blaming the media for our general lack of interest in what elected officials are doing.

I am remembering a quote from a movie "Heck, I'm in the government and I don't even trust it. You don't have to believe in your government to be a good American. You just have to believe in your country"

Too many folks need the media to smack them with a 2x4 just to wake them up....and even then, there is so much competing for our attention that many will not focus on this story...and I believe that some folks are counting on the short news cycle and the limited attention span of the public to let this all blow over.

J. Mark, you and I are in the same profession, I believe. There is something about our work that tends to sharpen our "BS" sensors. And mine are jumping off the scale. This whole deal smells to high heaven, and we need someone to develop an inside source and shine the light on the foundation of this deception.

LL

Too many folks need the media to smack them with a 2x4 just to wake them up....and even then, there is so much competing for our attention that many will not focus on this story...and I believe that some folks are counting on the short news cycle and the limited attention span of the public to let this all blow over.

J. Mark, you and I are in the same profession, I believe. There is something about our work that tends to sharpen our "BS" sensors. And mine are jumping off the scale. This whole deal smells to high heaven, and we need someone to develop an inside source and shine the light on the foundation of this deception.

LL

Sadly, Mr. LaRue, more Americans are more concerned with the antics of Hollweird celebs and who's winning on American Idol than they are with issues of substance. Just a bunch of happy frogs sitting in a pan of warm water.

Regarding the foundation of this criminal escapade, it's as the Chinese proverb says: A fish rots from the head down.

It's no secret that the current administration is no friend of 2A, and is openly hostile towards it. Using the canard of Mexican drug war violence and how our guns are causing it, the blueprint was to ramp up the murder rate south of the border, miraculously recover all the guns, trace them back to Mom & Pop Gunstore Inc., and use that as the justification for more oppressive laws.

It appears they have been hoisted by their own petard.

I wouldn't mind seeing everyone involved in this (and I mean everyone) indicted for accessory to murder by the Mexican courts, even if in absentia.

Maybe the UN could go after them for crimes against humanity the way they bulldogged people like Milosevec and Karadjic in Yugoslavia. The death toll is about as high.

I heard on FOX BUSINESS " Follow The Money" the other night that our Govt,was also peddling arm's to the gangs in Haunduras..I only heard it the one evening...Largo

I saw that too, Largo - another gun tracing operation based out of Florida. This story was followed by immediate government denials that the FL program was in any way connected to Fast & Furious. I'm not sure where that one is headed.

LL

LL

I am not a lawyer Loophole, so my BS sensors may not be as good as yours but I was smelling BS when the media was telling storys of all the illegal gun in Mexico where from the U.S.

With everything else that's happening, it occurred to me that J. Mark Flint might be right - a lot of folks may just not have seen some of these reports, or the background that has led to the Congressional hearings.

For your reading convenience, I attach links to :

A non-mainstream media report:

http://www.iwatchnews.org/2011/03/03/2095/atf-let-hundreds-us-weapons-fall-hands-suspected-mexican-gunrunners

The mainstream media report that started the ball rolling:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/23/eveningnews/main20035609.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

A follow-up CBS report:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/03/eveningnews/main20039031.shtml

Sen. Grassley's demand letter to AG Holder:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Grassley_2011_03.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

A news report re the lastest from the Senate Committee investigating:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/173495-gop-lawmakers-say-100-fast-and-furious-weapons-linked-to-crime-scenes

Remarkably, an LA Times article detailing ATF attempts to obfuscate the facts and mislead the Committee:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/22/nation/la-na-fast-furious-emails-20110722

Even more remarkable, a Chicago Tribune editorial:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-21/news/ct-edit-fastfurious-0722-jm-20110721_1_kenneth-melson-atf-operation-justice-officials

And, even the NY Times has gotten in on the act:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/16guns.html

Now, if someone would only determine WHO authorized this circus, and WHO ordered ATF to try to cover it up.....

This is the closest that I've seen so far:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2011/06/operation-fast-and-furious-should-end-holder-tenure

LL

I hope this is not getting boring...but I can't let this slip by....

A new name is mentioned in the "WHO knew what" chase:

From Fox News today:

"By Feb. 27, 2010, Lanny Breuer, the head of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department in Washington, D.C., was allegedly told that the ATF had successfully helped sell 1,026 weapons worth more than $650,000 to members of the Sinaloa cartel. The briefing included all top ATF officials, including the agents in charge in Los Angeles and Houston, as well as a half dozen top Justice Department attorneys."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/26/atf-accused-in-congressional-report-arming-cartel-for-war-through-operation/#ixzz1TEKqjaS0

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/about/aag.html

By the way, Lanny Breuer was Roger Clemens' lawyer, and allowed him to testify (and allegedly lie) to Congress during the steroids in baseball hearings, for which Clemens is now being prosecuted by the same Justice Dept. that Breuer works for....

LL

I saw that too, Largo - another gun tracing operation based out of Florida. This story was followed by immediate government denials that the FL program was in any way connected to Fast & Furious. I'm not sure where that one is headed.

LL

With OUR tax money to boot! Fast and furious with our hard earned dollars!:angry:

Don't forget the 1.3 BILLION that us taxpayers lost on the recent Chrysler sale! That's another story!:angry:

Archived