SASS Wire Forum

Prehistoric!

Utah Bob #35998

OK I found it on Glittery's [JJJ --Jittery Jim Jonah] photobucket:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/jitteryjim/LLC%20Tribute%20Cajon%20Cowboys%202011/IMG_4304.jpg

you might have to copy and paste--not sure how to hyperlink here

why now ya menshun it--it's his DOPPELGANGER :ph34r::P

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................................

What dat is.........Doppelganger thinger ?

(Please excuse my not knowin' des things !) ;)

yer EVIL TWIN BBOOooooooHHAAAaahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

yer EVIL TWIN BBOOooooooHHAAAaahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........................HIM !!!!! :blush:

Been accused of his evil doings many times............

He has all da fun.....................

And I pay all da dues !!!!!!!!!! ;)

That would have been my first thought. :lol:

I haven't seen those horny toads since I was a kid in western Oklahoma. I read Horned Toad populations have declined dramatically in both Texas and Oklahoma. Horned Toads have practically disappeared in the eastern and central portions of their range in Texas due to human disturbances, such as converting habitat to agriculture or to urban centers. Eradication of ants is another cause, since this is their primary food.

Okie, if I remember right a multi-university study concluded that populations had crashed even within 100,000 acre plus ranches far away from human influences. Their decline remains a big mystery. Texas even has a website whereby if you spot one they ask you to report it for their data bases.

We used to have zillions of Texas spade foot toads but you don't see those anymore either. All the playas have silted in and don't hold water long enough maybe. When it rained you couldn't hear yourself think for all the croaking. However, fungal infections are killing frogs all over....I don't even hear bullfrogs down at the pond anymore.

Come to think of it we used to have zillions of thirteen-lined ground squirrels too. Don't see them anymore. The good/bad news is that every vacant lot in most areas of Lubbock have been colonized by prairie dogs. Something else I thought I'd never see is that the owners of the once quite large Spade Ranch located between Levelland and Lubbock has gone to the dogs too.

Okie, if I remember right a multi-university study concluded that populations had crashed even within 100,000 acre plus ranches far away from human influences. Their decline remains a big mystery. Texas even has a website whereby if you spot one they ask you to report it for their data bases.

We used to have zillions of Texas spade foot toads but you don't see those anymore either. All the playas have silted in and don't hold water long enough maybe. When it rained you couldn't hear yourself think for all the croaking. However, fungal infections are killing frogs all over....I don't even hear bullfrogs down at the pond anymore.

Come to think of it we used to have zillions of thirteen-lined ground squirrels too. Don't see them anymore. The good/bad news is that every vacant lot in most areas of Lubbock have been colonized by prairie dogs. Something else I thought I'd never see is that the owners of the once quite large Spade Ranch located between Levelland and Lubbock has gone to the dogs too.

Amphibians worldwide are on the decline. A biologist friend of mine (No he's not an egghead nutty professor type. He bowhunts and lives in Montana) said that they have a very narrow range of environmental conditions in which they can thrive. Long term changes in temp, rainfall, air and water quality, etc will decimate their populations.

Archived