SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys and Aliens Movie

Aunt Jen

I can't decide whether to wear my cowboy outfit or my alien outfit! Maybe I'll wear a mixture of both!:rolleyes:

There's 4 or 5 of us crazy cowboys goin to this movie Friday night, what a hoot!:lol:

I'm not able to go but that's what our club is doing. They plan to dress up and meet for BBQ and then head over to the movies. Figure it's a good way to advertise and hopefully generate some interest.

I can't decide whether to wear my cowboy outfit or my alien outfit! Maybe I'll wear a mixture of both!:rolleyes:

There's 4 or 5 of us crazy cowboys goin to this movie Friday night, what a hoot!:lol:

Ah! any of the three.

Costumes? Painless and I have been merciless. At Titanic, we wore PFDs, life-jackets. The ticket lady wanted to know what movie we wanted tickets for, and I just looked at her dumbfounded. The guy behind us laughed. At Star Wars, we wore Jedi robes, along with another friend of ours. :lol:

Oofta!

I'm not able to go but that's what our club is doing. They plan to dress up and meet for BBQ and then head over to the movies. Figure it's a good way to advertise and hopefully generate some interest.

That sounds like fun. What a cool group.

I think the movie is genius, without having seen it yet. I think we're ready for the mixing of the Genres. Buckaroo Bonzai started it, didn't it?

Ah! any of the three.

Costumes? Painless and I have been merciless. At Titanic, we wore PFDs, life-jackets. The ticket lady wanted to know what movie we wanted tickets for, and I just looked at her dumbfounded. The guy behind us laughed. At Star Wars, we wore Jedi robes, along with another friend of ours. :lol:

Oofta!

"Oofta...?"

Are ye by chance of Norwegian descent, Ms Jen...? :rolleyes:

I'm curious to see what the aliens look like...

Are they li'l green guys with feathered headdresses? Or do they wear wore-out boots and bandanas over their faces like astral stagecoach robbers or rustlers...? :rolleyes:

"Oofta...?"

Are ye by chance of Norwegian descent, Ms Jen...? :rolleyes:

Hi Hardpan,

Nope. I'm not. But my daughter-in-law is, and it's rubbed off. She's got me saying "Ooofta!" all the time, now, and watching "Fargo" didn't help. "Ya. You betcha, don't cha know?. Aw, Jees!"

Yeah, I know: James Bond and Indiana Jones in the same movie! It ought to be Illegal! There's only so much I can take! :wub::wub::wub:

I hope I don't break my neck looking back and forth.

I've seen Harrision Ford a couple of times. He's hard to take. :wub: I haven't seen Daniel Craig in person, but I'm sure he is, too. Well, I can dream....

Okay, Deja and JJJ;

I'm officially throwing down the leather fringed gauntlet: the wifey and I will be in our Cowboy duds: you tell us where and when. True Grit with THE Cowboys was a HOOT! at the Newport Cinema.

There's an excellent article in the current issue of the American Quarter Horse Association's magazine America's Horse about the horses used in this movie and several unusual stunts created for it. Harrison Ford liked the horse he used in the film so much he bought him after the movie was finished. AQHA says this movie is a western, not a sci-fi flick. Sounds like it's worth seeing. -- GIT

Hi Hardpan,

Nope. I'm not. But my daughter-in-law is, and it's rubbed off. She's got me saying "Ooofta!" all the time, now, and watching "Fargo" didn't help. "Ya. You betcha, don't cha know?. Aw, Jees!"

Howdy, Jen...!

Har!

That is SO familiar and brings back memories... Part of my growin' up years were with and aunt and uncle, with Uncle Ralph (Corneliussen) bein' from Hawley, Minnesota - "Yoost a bit acrosst the border from Fargo!"

Watch out for the lutefisk~! :huh:

Movie looks like a fun romp.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it, but will wait until it comes out on DVD. Movies theaters give me a splitting headache. I don't know if it's the loud speakers, huge bright screen in a dark room, or a combination, but sitting thru a movie in a theater is torture to me no matter how much I like the movie.

Last time I tried was when the Star Trek movie came out a few years ago, changed seats several times and finally left the rest of the family there and left. Just not worth it. Maybe I need Merry Meg to give me some therapy sessions.

You all have fun though!

Yeah, I know: James Bond and Indiana Jones in the same movie! It ought to be Illegal! There's only so much I can take! :wub::wub::wub:

I've seen Harrision Ford a couple of times. He's hard to take. :wub: I haven't seen Daniel Craig in person, but I'm sure he is, too. Well, I can dream....

dunt ferget yer BIB :lol:

Ah! any of the three.

Oofta!

That's funny right there!:lol:

Ditto!!!

I'm trying to get my friends to change their minds from Captain America to Cowboys vs Aliens! I don't wanna go alone!!!

Ditto!!!

I'm trying to get my friends to change their minds from Captain America to Cowboys vs Aliens! I don't wanna go alone!!!

Change their minds...? No, no, no, no, no... Ya gotta see 'em both~! ^_^

Change their minds...? No, no, no, no, no... Ya gotta see 'em both~! ^_^

Definitely gonna see them both...but I wanna see the Cowboys first! :wub:

Today is Wednesday. Night.

Tomorrow is Friday, and Cowboys and Aliens is out!

No, Today is Thursday, and tomor—

No. Today is Thursday, and today—

No. Today is Wednesday, and Friday is Friday! Yes! and COWBOYS AND ALIENS comes out! I'm actually getting eager for it. Popcorn, here I come. I rarely splerge for it, but this time I must.

You must! You must!

Let me know how it is. Like the new true grit and rango I'll wait for the DVD, probably just go ahead and pre order it in fact. Amazingly Amazon doesn't have it available for pre order yet... :D

You must! You must!

Let me know how it is. Like the new true grit and rango I'll wait for the DVD, probably just go ahead and pre order it in fact. Amazingly Amazon doesn't have it available for pre order yet... :D

Ok. I feel sure Painless and I will see it on Friday at about noon. Or eleven. Or 10. Whatever times are available. And I'll give you all a report on it Friday evening.

So stay tuned!

We'll see you right here, Friday Evening! Same cowboy time! Same cowboy station!

Aunt Jen

I'll be here with pizza!

You know, that is comforting. Really. I know we're virtual, here, but—

What?

Aunt Jen looks around and sees an actual saloon with swinging doors and dusty ole dudes and forgets what she was saying.

Griz: the thought of you bringing Pizza really is comforting. It feels friendly, nurturing.

Thank you.

I'll bring some parmesan cheese in a shaker! And a pitcher of Diet Coke.

those be alien guns :D

Archived