SASS Wire Forum

Sons of Guns

Chief Rick

Anybody expects much reality from a reality show - well.................

Yep, glad to have this info. Only show I saw and was, well I know how it goes with defense attorneys. Prosecutor HAS ta tell the truth, lets say the defense can dream up any story they want. Kinda like show biz IMHO. :rolleyes:

Kinda disappointing to hear this as I was planning on purchasing an item from Red Jacket. Maybe I'll reconsider since there appears to be some lack of integrity within the business.

Their business and the reality show are two different things. They have a good reputation for firearms.

The other stuff is just a cartoon.

There was a recent American Rifleman article about Red Jacket. They seem like a straight-up gun smith shop that does some interesting things. I'd do business with them.

As UB said, the TV show is different. Anyone who looks at electronic media as anything other than scripted entertainment is deluding themselves.

Just like all the other reality shows, mostly made up. I watch it to see the guns, and to see what they come up with.

The bummer is that even if I had cash in hand, I'm pretty sure everything they make/sell is not allowed here in California. But I sure would like to have a go at that short barreled semi auto 12ga with the drum magazine! Looks like fun!

Red Jacket, American Choppers, The Bachelor, Top Shot and other reality shows are mostly for entertainment. It is nice to watch and maybe participate but know it is far from reality. Back in my younger days I participated in a hypnosis act in a comedy club. You HAD no choice but to go with it or else you will make yourself like a fool. I played the part of a hypnotized volunteer and had a blast as did the audience.

Red Jacket and American Chopper shows maybe a hack job but they do make nice hardware. Practical? May be not. Suppressed 12 gauge, yes but AK-47 sniper rifle, really?

Don't surprise me none at all. I figure much of what is shown on 'reality' TV is scripted, rehearsed and filmed is several takes.

Kind of sounds like my shootin' at monthly matches....scripted, rehearsed and several takes! Still don't have it right!!

I watched that episode and I thought that little story was stupid. I guess I was right.

That show is always on edge of stupid and phony.

I am going to remove it from my recorder

The tooth esipode was a bit far fetched to me. In fact I could not fiquired out why they would even work on that type of gun.

However I think the most far fetched project was converting a crew served, tripod mounted 1919 machine gun to a belt fed shoulder mounted gun along with the bad acting of the guns "owner".

But dang I sure LIKE the short barrel shotgun!!!

The tooth esipode was a bit far fetched to me. In fact I could not fiquired out why they would even work on that type of gun.

However I think the most far fetched project was converting a crew served, tripod mounted 1919 machine gun to a belt fed shoulder mounted gun along with the bad acting of the guns "owner".

But dang I sure LIKE the short barrel shotgun!!!

Yeah, very dumb. And 3 M-16s bolted together? Seriously?

The show is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get. :rolleyes:

:o

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Reality shows ain't real?

Next thing I know you are going to tell me that those dating services show just actors and not real people. What about the drug people, and ENZYTE? :unsure: I can't believe how far we have strayed. :unsure:

Ya mean the guy that brought in that revolver with the tooth was not a dentist like he said? He said it was a canine tooth. I guess I'm gullible cause I believed it! ^_^

:o

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Reality shows ain't real?

Next thing I know you are going to tell me that those dating services show just actors and not real people. What about the drug people, and ENZYTE? :unsure: I can't believe how far we have strayed. :unsure:

there is no Santa or Easter bunny ether Badger

Their business and the reality show are two different things. They have a good reputation for firearms.

The other stuff is just a cartoon.

UB - I'm thinkin' the owner should tell the producer to NOT deceive his audience of potential customers. To me, that shows a lack of integrity on the business & the program.

Ya mean the guy that brought in that revolver with the tooth was not a dentist like he said? He said it was a canine tooth. I guess I'm gullible cause I believed it! ^_^

No Sir - the guy was really a dentist, but the gun did not really belong to him.

Was an actual human tooth, but only a piece of one - they had to break it to a smaller size to make it fit.

I recieved an email from one of the production team recently. They were looking for a model 73 in 44-40 that they could use on an episode of the show. Not having one myself, I need to forward the email to some pards in South La. to see if they would be interested in helping them out.

I got a '73 in .44-40, but I'm a little ways from Baton Rouge - 530 miles and a little over eight hours drive, it seems.

It's a show. The fact that they come up with some odd ball projects does not take away from the fact that it is fun to watch. You want true facts? Watch Larry Potterfield on Youtube.

Can I do without some of the "tooth fairy" fluff? Sure can. But, I'll keep watching and supporting it because any presentation of firearms in the media that is not billed as a crime waiting to happen is a good thing.

Besides, a tripple M16 was pretty cool to watch go off.

UB - I'm thinkin' the owner should tell the producer to NOT deceive his audience of potential customers. To me, that shows a lack of integrity on the business & the program.

I'm not so much concerned about his business success as I am the portrayal of gun owners and makers as kind of "yeehaa let's blow somethin up" doofuses most of the time. The one show I really enjoyed was when the refurbished the flamethrower for the WWII vet. The rest of the time they mostly clown around. I don't think they promote firearms ownership in a very good light. Just my opinion. I rarely watch it anymore.

The first time I saw someone who thinks they are a gunsmith take an angle grinder to a firearm I had to turn the channel. If this guy ever wanted to get any of my business he would have to get as far away from that show as possible.

Archived