SASS Wire Forum

"The Great Nor'easter"

Yankee, SASS #266

Congratulations to Quaker Hill Bill and Appaloosa Amy as the regional champions. Quaker Hill Bill was also Top Overall Winner.

To all those responsible for putting on a great shoot, I applaud you.

The stages were straight forward with no "P" traps. The props on stages 7,8 & 9 were terrific.

The folks who kept the water jugs full of water & ice were life savers. We would not have made it in the 100 degree heat without you.

Congratulations to all the winners AA, QHB, SM, Grazer, Rowdy Bill, Yukon Mike, Wild Sage, Brett Cantrell, Stormy Shooter, Bonnie Dee, and all of the rest of the category winners. Hope to see a bunch of you out at Winter Range this year.

Howdy from AZ,

TB

Congratulations to the Quaker Hill Gang for their remarkable shooting at the New England Regional! First of all, the 2011 New England Regional champions, Quaker Hill Bill and Appaloosa Amy, are a husband and wife -- how often does that happen???!!! Their daughter, Snazzy McGee, took 1st place in Young Gun Girls AND won the Sweet 16 Top Gun Shootoff. Their son, Al B. Crazy, went home with a 2nd place trophy for Buckaroos. Nothing like keeping it all in the family! Way to go, folks! Congrats to Timberland Renegade for his win in the Top Gun Shootoff as well. It was a great match, despite the outrageous heat! Thanks to all those who worked so hard to keep the shooters happy and hydrated!!!

Howdy

Well, I sure had a good time. The weather could have been a little bit cooler, Friday morning was the worst, 101 degrees and unbearable humidity. But the humidity lightened up a bit Friday afternoon. Saturday was not too bad, only mid 90s.

But other than the weather, I had a great time. Shot with a couple of pards from Australia. We had a lot of fun trying to decide whose accent was worse, mine or theirs. I had a ball, almost shot a clean match, missed one lousy pistol target on Friday. Anybody want to buy a 2nd Gen Colt cheap? I'm sure it was the gun's fault, not mine.

Just kidding.

Really good stages, really good scenarios. Not too difficult, even a chucklehead like me could get through them.

Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

Thanks to the Sponsors, Vendors and workers that donated their time.

A special thank you to the shooters who braved the heat to play at our match :excl:

See you all next year...........

Wow! A great shoot in rather difficult conditions!! Those who hosted the event did a great job. As said previously the stages were rather challenging but managable. I'd like to give credit to Wild Bill and the other folks who hosted the shoot, they did a super job. The facilities were great, the scouts did a fine job with their food concession.

The shoot out on Sunday morning was one of the best! Bill, Amy and Sassy, father, mother and daughter in the shootoff. It does not get any better than that. A special tip of the hat to Timberlasnd Renegade for winning the shootoff.

I'd encourage everyone to put this regional on their schedule next year. You will not be disappointed.

Well its good to know folks had a great time despite the beastly heat on Friday. Got to see friends who came from long distances to shoot with us again. The Sunday format of kicking off the top gun event at 9AM and awards at noon gave folks the chance to stick around and applaud the winners while still getting on the road early enough to have a full day of travel as well.

Stage 7 and 8 with the combined train made for a prop that had to be 100 feet from engine to caboose, wow! Its only going to get better so keep your calendar open for next year.

Congrats to all the winners!

Everyone should put it on their list of "must attend" shoots!

How could it possibly be as hot next year?

Congrats to all the winners!

Everyone should put it on their list of "must attend" shoots!

How could it possibly be as hot next year?

OH NO!

Dead Head predicting the weather again!

We're screwed :o

~:Wylie:~

I'll have you know that I am rarely wrong ...

Congrats to all the participants.

A big howdy to ya Yankee and Grazer. Hope ya had a great time.

Someday I will get funds set up to attend and see you again.

If not there maybe at WR or someplace else.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thanx to all for playing our version of Survivor and all doing so!

Congrats to all top category winners and our New Regional Champions - Team QH!

Well done Bill, long time coming.

A word of thanx for all the campers that came and left and to our excellent residents of Wild Bill's Vendorland.

It was another great match, loved having our special Aussie guests to shoot with - Constable Nelson & Rooster "Gabby" Cockburn - y'all come back again hear?

And a very warm shout of "YEA" for our three Waddies that kept 224 shooters from dying in the 110 degree heat:

Matchlock

Wilfred Aubrey

Six Shot Steve

You kept those water jugs filled with cold water with on delay - some may owe you their lives.

Look forward to shooting to y'all in the snow (thanx Dead Head) next year! :P

Archived