SASS Wire Forum

Capt. America

Dirty Redd

The bride and myself saw it yesterday and give it a thumb and a half up, i'm over sixty and i remember the comic book,

there was nothing far fetched about this super-hero he carried a 1911 and used it, in his quest for justice. Can't wait for

the sequel.

Redd

Better than Thor and a WHOLE lot better than Green Lantern.

no kiddin...well it's on my list then tnx

yup - It's a 'big screener to go see 'er' for what I been hearin' - a superhero that truly reflects truth, justice, and the American Way!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

(Poor Superman seems to have lost his way and is now seperating from Lois Lane from the buzz out there <_< )

If you are a superhero, do you need a 1911?

Oh heck, what am I saying...

If you have a 1911, do you need a superhero? :rolleyes:

How'd Captain America do in a Wild Bunch match?

Kerrect me if I' wrong but..

...ain't there always somethin far fetched about a superhero? :lol:

You know, I liked Captain America. He was a nice guy, not pretentious and not overdone. He was like just a person who had a job to do and he did it, though of course he was very good at it.

I particularly liked how he walked at times when he was in the groove. I thought he represented it well, and I thought the film was first rate. It could be in the oscars with Harry Potter.

Yeah, especially this one: Superhero?

And the thread was going so well........ <_< .

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question for those who've seen it. My 8 y/o son wants to see it. I'm not too worried about "guns and violence" (heck, he's a SASS shooter :rolleyes: ), but is this a flick I can take him to without worrying?

Thanks in advance.

Chick

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question for those who've seen it. My 8 y/o son wants to see it. I'm not too worried about "guns and violence" (heck, he's a SASS shooter :rolleyes: ), but is this a flick I can take him to without worrying?

Thanks in advance.

Chick

Here's a review for family viewers:

http://lights-camera-jackson.com/captain-america-the-first-avenger-pg-13-b.php

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thanks in advance.

Chick

Chick,

No nudity, no foul language, no "adult situations' - although there is some smoking, LOL

If you're the type (and I hope you are) who likes to see a movie with your son and talk to him about it, Captain America will give you a great opportunity to talk about good character, honesty, sacrifice, and courage. I recommend it for children of ALL ages ;)

Then again, maybe I'm just partial to masked heroes!

:: we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread ::

Red, the Missus and I give it two thumbs up - we're already planning to see it again!

Hi-Yo and Awwwaaaaayyy,

TMM

Looking forward to seeing it myself. Actually collected the comic books years ago, still have most of them. Maybe the movie will be a big hit and get the value of the books back up...then I can sell and add more "things" to my SASS inventory

Well... Sassparilla Kid and I just got home from seein' the movie. Didn't know it was in 3-D; didn't want to wait another hour and a half for the next 2-D show, so I popped for the extra $$. Not normally big on the 3-D thing, but THIS one was GREAT~! ;)

Heck... even the credits at the end were exceptional in the 3-D format... Definitely recommended!

You guys stop inserting them disgusting pictures in here or I'll go put on my spandex!! :blink::rolleyes::lol:

You guys stop inserting them disgusting pictures in here or I'll go put on my spandex!! :blink::rolleyes::lol:

Go 'head, Bob... the Saloon (ACS!) could always use a bit more humor! ^_^

Chick,

No nudity, no foul language, no "adult situations' - although there is some smoking, LOL

If you're the type (and I hope you are) who likes to see a movie with your son and talk to him about it, Captain America will give you a great opportunity to talk about good character, honesty, sacrifice, and courage. I recommend it for children of ALL ages ;)

Then again, maybe I'm just partial to masked heroes!

:: we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread ::

Red, the Missus and I give it two thumbs up - we're already planning to see it again!

Hi-Yo and Awwwaaaaayyy,

TMM

Thanks TMM, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I guess I know what I'm doin' Friday night.... :)

Chick

Chick... think of the Saturday matinee serials we all watched from the edges of our seats when we were kids - then expand that thought to fit in with today's movie technology (without having to wait a week between scenes) and ya got it~! ^_^

Archived