SASS Wire Forum

Break free?

Guest diablo slim shootist

I like it. Used it for years.

When I was in the Navy , I was fortunate enough to get q"d on some firearms for my asf details. Including the 1911 and class was taught ny a Marine Gunny Sgt. When it came to guns I listened to what he had to say. And he loved and swore by the stuff...Ive been using it now for twenty plus years....Good stuff as far as I am concerned.

Any good box store is good....You can get it at sporting goods stores and most gun shops.

I get mine usually at the gunshows because I like the large aresol cans for cleaning. I also keep one of the small squeeze bottles in my guncart.

Usually only pay about $7-8 a large can at gunshows. (wallmart can cost about 3x that.

curley

I've used Breakfree on my guns for many years. I just got the solvent free, lubrication only version, and used it on my used Uberti 1873 rifle I just bought, which was very rough in it's mechanical lever action....I don't think the original owner every fired it or lubricated it....any way, after a little Breakfree along the carrier sides and a couple other spots the rifle's action works like it was intended.....smooth and fast.

Slim ,

If ya cant find break free look for TriFlow...........a shooter named China camp turned me onto that years ago .........the more ya use it the easier they are to clean ,pretty close to the same as break free

A lot of hardware stores carry it ,possibly round the chain saw area

It work great and smells good too.

There is a guy over on the SIG Forum who sells it by the gallon. That's how I buy it.

www.sigforum.com in the Classifieds.

I could not find it. And it will be a while before I can be anything but a guest so cannot use the search function... :(

Brownells carries every size and different containers. You cannot go wrong with this product. I ALSO USED IT ON MY MOTORCYCLE CHains and bicycles, slot cars.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

Here is the link to the guy selling CLP by the gallon. I got a little spray bottle from Wal-mart to use.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/1150085112?r=1150085112#1150085112

Ode to Break Free

"I ain't usin Break Free".

"Nobody can make me"

I said as I slopped on the Hoppe's again

"It ain't tried and tested", I said as I rested

Right here at my gun bench, my friend.

But one day in a tizzy

(cause the fumes made me dizzy)

I opened a bottle...by mistake I assume

And my 1911 thought it was up in heaven

Then I cleaned every gun in the room

The rifles were grinning 'cause they knew they'd be winning

So smooth were their actions, no hang ups at all

This stuff is fantastic! I'm not being bombastic.

I use it in spring time and summer and fall.

Now I'm quite happy, although it sounds sappy

The Break Free has made my whole life come unstuck

Well, I'm done with this gun and now I've got to run

And go squirt some fine Break Free on that squeak in my truck!

:lol:

Archived