SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone really care?

Billionaire NFL owners make millions on the backs of the players and taxpayer subsidies. Even minor market franchises have values of a billion dollars or more. Some of the players are millionaires, but the majority aren't. The average NFL career is just 5 years. I don't give a &%#! for owners who pay those salaries and cry all the way to the bank. I think the players should get whatever the market will bear.

I also don't give a &%#! for division I athletic programs that make millions from teams that are little more than a farm system for the NFL and NBA. Most of the money they make is not shared with the schools but instead stays within their athletic departments. The Atlantic Coast Conference all by itself has a $1.86 BILLION deal with ESPN for football, and the University of Texas has its own TV network...

Other than that, I have no opinion. :angry:

Somebody get a big ol' bag of pig skins and thwack Deadwood upside his head. :wacko::blink:;)

I don't give a rip!! Too many of the players are poor role models for our youth.

Blackfoot

That's OK - they don't give a rip about us either :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Somebody get a big ol' bag of pig skins and thwack Deadwood upside his head. :wacko::blink:;)

Mmmmmmm....pork rinds. :lol:

YER THE DOC Okie--my guess is you dun yer share of POKIN :lol:

Out here SoCal, they got a master plan for a new stadium in City of Industry 57 Fwy @ 60 Fwy. All they need is for the NFL to sign on and give LA a team. It would bring revenue to the city but traffic would surely come to a complete halt

W G A R A?!!?? I, too, quit back in the seventies; don't even watch college sports much anymore. I am an avid H.S. football fan, though, and do watch an occasional bit of beisbol or my newfound thing, Rugby.

Comfort food. Beer and pork rinds make everybody feel good. :lol:

Beer, most certainly, especially if it's a quality microbrew or German. :D Pork rinds........YATCH not for me, thanks. :wacko: That will leave more for ya'll.

Beer, most certainly, especially if it's a quality microbrew or German. :D Pork rinds........YATCH not for me, thanks. :wacko: That will leave more for ya'll.

Best keep them away from ole Spinach Bit Bobb, Kris. He will OD on them rinds every time.

Especially with beer. Make a real pig of hisself. Pork rines! :lol: :lol: I made a funny.

Of course them Trojans people don't have no self control. :unsure:

Yer a doc. Pokin' people is what yer supposed to do! :lol:

Yup - I been poked by the Doc, but that is will just have to remain a patient confidentiality thing :blink: ....:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner Gunner they got yew fooweled. :huh: them Docs like ta share them stories :P

If the NFL or NBA Billionaire Owners and Millionaire Players reach a Deal???

Sure I watch NFL games, if they are Free, but they are ALL overpaid already!

Bunch of spoiled millionaires arguing with a bunch of self centered billionaires.

I gotta figure out how to make the mortgage - why should I care if they are limited to only (insert your own amount here) xxxx millions a year?

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

You know, I'm a caring guy. Really, I am. So I fully expected to open this thread and summarily announce that YES, I do in fact care!

Uh...only then I read the OP's message. Sorry, nope, not me, don't care either! :rolleyes:

Bunch of spoiled millionaires arguing with a bunch of self centered billionaires.

I gotta figure out how to make the mortgage - why should I care if they are limited to only (insert your own amount here) xxxx millions a year?

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

+1

Archived