SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone really care?

Put me down as a no.

I am a football fan, but I switched to the college games. I seldom turn it on Sunday afternoon.

In my not so humble opinion, I find the college ball to be more fun and better football.

The pros follow the rotation of plays like a book. What fun is that.

They try to stir up interest with player controversy rather than playing skill.

Not for me.

YMMV

I could just as easily watch re-runs of Rango!

Nope. Playing a game for millions of dollars per year and they cry that it's not enough???????????

No sympathy from me.... I had to work 28 years for my pension. They want to work for 2-3 and coast....

Negative. Haven't watched NFL football since Jughead Jones bought the Cowboys and the Oilers moved to Tenneessee. :angry:

I still watch college football, but it's getting nearly as bad as the NFL. Nothing matters but the money. Supposedly that how we got stuck with the BCS (Big Crock of.........Spit). If the Big 12 had totally broken up I'd have probably given up on that too.

My 2 cents,

JHC

Foozeball is the Devil Bobby!

If it's on TV, I'll watch some of it.

If it isn't, my heart won't be broken.

I would rather shoot

I don't care if they ever play again. Maybe they should look for a job like everyone else.

Bunch of lazy, crybaby, panzy a#&, pretty boys. :angry:

rant off.

The only time we miss having a TV is for the baseball playoffs/World Series and when USC is playing. Those are the only sports we watch/care about. We could care less if the NFL or the NBA were to go away.

Thats bout the time i quit too Sam-----------------

+1 fer me too !! :angry:

If it's on TV, I'll watch some of it.

If it isn't, my heart won't be broken.

ditto

this country's gotten so involved in sports we have lost touch with reality and maybe a good long strike will bring us back into perspective.

ditto

this country's gotten so involved in sports we have lost touch with reality and maybe a good long strike will bring us back into perspective.

YA right maybe in your dreams

hey Jack :) No! not when teachers like me can't get a contract for $48K and players make millions. I used to tape and wrap [not music btw] athletic training in its infancy for college football, so I'll watch it just fine.

I figure that the athletes are just entertainers, not all that different from actors, singers, and musicians. They all get paid way too much but they get paid for what they do because the public wants to see it. Do I give a rat's patootie about any of them? Not a bit.

Again...................Not one ittle bitty bit !!

No SIr !

Naw

Nope

Don't care one litte bit !

Billionaire NFL owners make millions on the backs of the players and taxpayer subsidies. Even minor market franchises have values of a billion dollars or more. Some of the players are millionaires, but the majority aren't. The average NFL career is just 5 years. I don't give a &%#! for owners who pay those salaries and cry all the way to the bank. I think the players should get whatever the market will bear.

I also don't give a &%#! for division I athletic programs that make millions from teams that are little more than a farm system for the NFL and NBA. Most of the money they make is not shared with the schools but instead stays within their athletic departments. The Atlantic Coast Conference all by itself has a $1.86 BILLION deal with ESPN for football, and the University of Texas has its own TV network...

Other than that, I have no opinion. :angry:

Archived