SASS Wire Forum

why did you choose you alias

Perro Del Diablo

I grew up fishing with my Dad on the Chickahominy River in Virginia. My given name is Charles and since Dad was Charlie, I go by Chuck. However, Charlie sounded more "western" or "old timey," so I stuck with Charlie.

Most of my shootin' pards just call me "Chick." :)

Chick

My actual middle name is “Wolfgang”.

My character is a European immigrant seeking his fortune in the west. He as been a buffalo hunter, meat hunter for the railroad construction crews, prospector, guide for wagon trains, etc. A western “jack of all trades”. My actual family background is of German, Swiss and Dutch immigrants who settled in the west when the “west” was western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, and the part of Virginia that became West Virginia.

Funny how we ponder over differant things such as what do I use for an alias or call sign or whatever. Years ago I use to travel to work about 35 miles one way and lots of the guys also working there would use their CB radios to correspond with each other thru out the drive. Well when I got my CB I was asked to use a call sign or alias and trying to think of one, I came up with Jackrabbit as I lived off the trail called Jackrabbit Trail which is still there and I'm still using the call sign / alias as Jackrabbit only I added Joe instead of trail. So thats been me since before 1988 and use that as my alias to this day. Yeeeeeh, Haaaa pilgrims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

A long time ago in the dim ages I was called "Whiskey Runner" then by moving I let my dues lapse, and some no good for nothing took my alias, so being my last name is Gatto I chose "EL NEGRO GATO" the black cat and have used it for seven years, don't even know if he's using whiskey runner anymore, my old friends still call me Whiskey and my new friends call me black cat.

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

"Must be "printable" before a wide audience." Well, that rules out what the wife usually calls me.

Once reading "Titus A. Gnatsass'" alias I liked the play on words. Considered M.T Brass and a few others before deciding on M.T Chambers. Little did I know I would hear it during every reading of stage instructions, but, folks do seem to remember it :blink:

Archived