SASS Wire Forum

Good News From the Senate

Subdeacon Joe

U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly Opposing U.N Gun Control Efforts

As of this morning, 51 members-- a majority--of the U.S. Senate have signed letters to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton saying they will oppose any ATT that includes civilian firearms ownership. These strongly worded letters caution the President and Secretary of State to uphold the Constitution of the United States. As Senator Jerry Moran's letter warns, “(A)s the treaty process continues, we strongly encourage your administration to uphold our constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership. These freedoms are non-negotiable, and we will oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty presented to the Senate that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding U.S. citizens to manufacture, assemble, possess, transfer or purchase firearms, ammunition and related items.”

War isn't over, but one assault at least driven back.

Be sure to read the PDF version of the letter, it has the signatures on it.

I'm happy but the one vote margin makes me a little nervous.

Remember it takes two thirds, 67 members of the upper House, to ratify a treaty. So, don't think of it as a one vote margin. Think of it as a pool of only 49 from which to get 67 votes. And not all of those would vote for it. So, at least an 18 vote margin in our favor.

I'm happy but the one vote margin makes me a little nervous.

The rest are waiting to see which way the wind is blowing (get the most reelection votes) before they take a stand.

Yeppir, they are all in election/campaign mode right now, still varmints every one as far as I'm concerned. There should be cowboys instead of lawyers runnin' this country. (hope that ain't too political for this forum, but the truth is often hard to bear)

Bodine

Holy cow!!! next thing you'll be telling me is that they invented a new type of gunpowder that makes so little smoke that they will call it smiokeeeeeless.....

Holy cow!!! next thing you'll be telling me is that they invented a new type of gunpowder that makes so little smoke that they will call it smiokeeeeeless.....

And maybe even metal cartridges with powder, bullet, and primer all in one neat package! Wouldn't that be something?

Archived