SASS Wire Forum

Internet Movies Firearms Database

Subdeacon Joe

They have much on there that is wrong, and they've missed several.

Prime example. Scent of a Woman. They show a 1911. They claim it's a Series 80. They can tell by the grips. By the grips? And then it has a lanyard ring on the mainspring housing, and I've never seen that on a Series 80. They say it is what's-his-name's (the blind Colonel) service automatic. Army never bought any Series 80 guns. But, they're sure it's a Series 80.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Scent_of_a_Woman

I could have sworn I saw Forest Gump with a 1911 but didn't see it in link

I remember Lt. Dan with a 1911, but not Forrest. Lt. Dan uses it to shoot toward the enemy as Forrest drags him.

They have much on there that is wrong, and they've missed several.

Prime example. Scent of a Woman. They show a 1911. They claim it's a Series 80. They can tell by the grips. By the grips? And then it has a lanyard ring on the mainspring housing, and I've never seen that on a Series 80. They say it is what's-his-name's (the blind Colonel) service automatic. Army never bought any Series 80 guns. But, they're sure it's a Series 80.

http://www.imfdb.org...cent_of_a_Woman

One of the cool things about this site is, like wikapedia, YOU can add to it.

On "The Outlaw Josie Wales", they had Lon Watie's pistol described as a Richard-Mason 1860. I went on there and pointed out that it was actually a Richards conversion. They have since updated and corrected it.

I remember Lt. Dan with a 1911, but not Forrest. Lt. Dan uses it to shoot toward the enemy as Forrest drags him.

There is one quick scene where Forrest plays tunnel rat, and goes into a tunnel with an angle-head flashlight in one hand and a 1911 in the other.

Archived