SASS Wire Forum

Henry .22 Youth Lever Gun

We just traded ours away. It was a cheap version I think, plastic one-piece front sight/barrel band that holds the barrel and magazine tube, no way to adjust it. Maintenence wasn't toot bad but I never took the reciever completely down, just removed the wood and used Rusty Duck, then blowed it out with the air compressor, then oiled it all up real good. I was less than impressed with it overall to be truthful. I wish I'd have bought a Rossi pump or found an old Ithaca lever gun to begin with. Just my two-bits for what it's worth.

Bodine

We have one that we have shot the FIRE out of. You can replace the front sight and band with a metal one for about $12. I cut a dovetail into the metal one for the versatility of a drift adjustable front sight. I could not be happier with ours. It is very accurate. Pretty simple to take down. Get a couple of extra firing pins, firing pin springs and retainer pins. Lots of use and dry firing will elongate the hole in the firing pin, and eventually bend the retainer pin to the point of breaking. All an easy fix with the parts, and a punch. It is not a Marlin 39 or a BL-22, but a great entry level .22 for a child.

Archived