SASS Wire Forum

Best gun for zombies?

Aunt Jen

SDJ

I have not heard that , I can not see them going back to the 79 with so many 203s out there . Being a south paw I liked the 79 a lot better than the 203 , due to the sighting system .

CB

From what he said the Marines (who else?) were trying it as a stand off way to detonate IEDs and as an anti-personnel weapon. It has roughly double the range of the 203 and longer range can be a Good Thing.

It's one more thing to carry, but isn't significantly heavier than the 203 and doesn't bulk up their rifles (another Good Thing).

He also mentioned that according to his contacts in the Corps the Marines who were using it really liked the ease of use and the feel of it.

I never saw one in theater, but here is what Wikipedia says (for what it's worth):

Some US Navy SEALs and Army Special Forces in Iraq have been seen using the M79 in recent years, most likely due to its greater accuracy and range compared to the M203 (350m effective versus 150 m effective on the M203). The M79 has seen notable limited use during Operation Iraqi Freedom, such as for clearing IEDs.

I only fired the 203 once, and it went waaaay out there, far beyond 150 meters. I have no idea why the effective range is so much shorter than the M79. Anyone?

That's the M-79, isn't it?

I was talking with an old mortarman last year. He said he kind of keeps up on what is going on and that the M-79 is making a comeback. Can anyone confirm that?

HIp pocket artillery we called em. Apparently they have been in use in SW Asia.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=460469

I never saw one in theater, but here is what Wikipedia says (for what it's worth):

I only fired the 203 once, and it went waaaay out there, far beyond 150 meters. I have no idea why the effective range is so much shorter than the M79. Anyone?

Likely the sight system.

Well , I perfer a 1887 lever action 12 gauge meounself..........................

But dats just meounself !!

If you watched last season's The Walking Dead you would have seen that, in episode 2 I believe, Deputy Grimes was trapped inside an out of gas M1 while surrounded by Hundreds of Walkers. You need to stay mobile and fast in Zombie territory!

Filmed in Georgia (by the way).

I think the best Zombie kit is this:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/Rolan_Kraps/Zombie%20Protection/DSCN1055.jpg

Filmed in Georgia (by the way).

I think the best Zombie kit is this:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/Rolan_Kraps/Zombie%20Protection/DSCN1055.jpg

I swear I saw a Zombie in Etlanna onct. It was about 2am.

She had a lot of makeup on.

Archived