SASS Wire Forum

It Happened again, more guns

Big Jake1001

Last week I wrote that I'm a gunaholic and 3 followed me home. Well it happened again yesterday, Tuesday after having breakfast with the Old Marines. We play poker till 2:00 and on the way home I stopped by a Lawyer's office to look at some guns that an estate owns. He said he wanted to sell these for the family and the .38 Smith&Wesson with 4 inch was something he wanted for himself. The house sold today and the money is all going to local Fullerton Calif. boys and girls clubs. Family is rich. Illinois.

He showed me a Winchester 1897 12 gauge shotgun made in 1925 and a Remington .41 rimfire Derringer. 1867-1935 He said $100 each. I said "I'll take 'em". So now more work to take apart and clean another Winchester '97, just did one last week. What's a body supposed to do? Derringer is in perfect shape, no cracks on the grips, locks up tight. .41 rimfire ammo kinda pricy, a friend has some and willing to give me half. Nice guy, he's got guns too. A Colt SAA 44-40 5 1/2 in. six shooter from 1902 he wants to sell. Damn, I'll have to buy it too, I suppose. I'm hooked I tell ya, HOOKED!!!!! Just sayin'

Big Jake

....... .41 rimfire ammo kinda pricy, a friend has some and willing to give me half. Nice guy, he's got guns too......

Big Jake

Not so nice, if the ammo is the hot Brazilian-made, Navy Arms-imported stuff which broke the hinge on mine.

Last week I wrote that I'm a gunaholic and 3 followed me home. Well it happened again yesterday, Tuesday after having breakfast with the Old Marines. We play poker till 2:00 and on the way home I stopped by a Lawyer's office to look at some guns that an estate owns. He said he wanted to sell these for the family and the .38 Smith&Wesson with 4 inch was something he wanted for himself. The house sold today and the money is all going to local Fullerton Calif. boys and girls clubs. Family is rich. Illinois.

He showed me a Winchester 1897 12 gauge shotgun made in 1925 and a Remington .41 rimfire Derringer. 1867-1935 He said $100 each. I said "I'll take 'em". So now more work to take apart and clean another Winchester '97, just did one last week. What's a body supposed to do? Derringer is in perfect shape, no cracks on the grips, locks up tight. .41 rimfire ammo kinda pricy, a friend has some and willing to give me half. Nice guy, he's got guns too. A Colt SAA 44-40 5 1/2 in. six shooter from 1902 he wants to sell. Damn, I'll have to buy it too, I suppose. I'm hooked I tell ya, HOOKED!!!!! Just sayin'

Big Jake

================================================

Yeah buddy, I know that feeling. Two more guns followed me home from my Dad's house last month. The first is a 1944 Walther P38 in its original brown leather holster with an extra mag containing 8 rounds of 1943 vintage German ammo. In the bottom of the extra mag well in the holster was a crumpled up piece of classified ads from a German newspaper dated April 2, 1944. The Walther came to the US in my late stepmom's brother's duffel bag. He gave it to Dad some years ago, and Dad just passed it on to me.

The second is an old single-shot Stevens Tip-Up .22 pistol, one of several guns that Dad acquired from the estate of a deceased friend. It's an unusual piece of which I have only seen a couple of over the years.

Just for clarification, are you saying this is a BAD thing? :P

No No NO I'm not sayin' it's a bad thing, just I can't say no to a good deal. Wife asks if these are new toys cuz I want them, or investments for selling in the future? Yes. I want them to play with for 25 years and sell in the future. Right???? I'm 61 now, maybe by the time I'm 86, I might consider selling some, well I might .....right?

Hi......my name is Big Jake and I'm a Gunaholic. Ain't gonna go into no 12 step program.... Nope ...... ain't gonna do it. Anyone have any ideas? Just sayin'

Big Jake

No No NO I'm not sayin' it's a bad thing, just I can't say no to a good deal. Wife asks if these are new toys cuz I want them, or investments for selling in the future? Yes. I want them to play with for 25 years and sell in the future. Right???? I'm 61 now, maybe by the time I'm 86, I might consider selling some, well I might .....right?

Hi......my name is Big Jake and I'm a Gunaholic. Ain't gonna go into no 12 step program.... Nope ...... ain't gonna do it. Anyone have any ideas? Just sayin'

Big Jake

I once heard of a treatment for alcoholism where the patient was forced to drink so much liquor over a long period of time that eventually they got sick of it. You might give that a try and just start buying more guns than you can stand. Make sure your wife understand, it's therapy. ;)

Big Jake

I feel ya pard. Last week I paid for my new Springfield GI for Wild Bunch, drove half way home, turned around and went back to the gun shop to buy a Stevens coach gun that was consigned for $125. Good, bad or indifferent, it was a working coach gun to practice with for $125. I got the same infliction as you pard, and I think we could have much worse afflictions! :rolleyes::FlagAm:

Jake, my last .41RF Remington derringer came with 2 .22 RF chamber inserts. I don't recall where they came from, maybe Dixie Gun Works, but they went with the pistol when I sold it.

Archived