SASS Wire Forum

WTB 8' Bull Whip

Try Terry Yahr at Cracker Jack Whips. He doesn't have a web site but his contact info is (865) 483-0113/email is gty@comcast.net and his address is 145 Georgia Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN 37830. I have bought several whips from him over the years and am 100% satisfied. He makes any type of whip you can think of and uses first rate materials. I got an 8' snake whip from him a few months back and it is one of the best whips I have ever had. He seems to generally have a good supply on hand so you will probably find what you are looking for without having to wait for it to be built. Good luck.

Michael "Bigbear" Lowe

I would like to buy a nice 8' or possibly a 6' bullwhip.

Did you find your whip? If not I may be able to help. Saw some in Virginia City Montana last week. They were not high class pro whips but more of a beginners sstarting whip, but priced at $5.95 you can get a handfull iffin you still needin it. If you do drop me a line and I will find the name and address of the store we were in.

Try Terry Yahr at Cracker Jack Whips. He doesn't have a web site but his contact info is (865) 483-0113/email is gty@comcast.net and his address is 145 Georgia Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN 37830. I have bought several whips from him over the years and am 100% satisfied. He makes any type of whip you can think of and uses first rate materials. I got an 8' snake whip from him a few months back and it is one of the best whips I have ever had. He seems to generally have a good supply on hand so you will probably find what you are looking for without having to wait for it to be built. Good luck.

Michael "Bigbear" Lowe

Thanks for the info BigBear. Sound like just the source I was looking for.

Thanks for the info BigBear. Sound like just the source I was looking for.

Glad to be of service! Tell the old man that I sent you......he may shave a buck or two off....either that or hang up on you altogether. All kidding aside, Terry is a fine old gent and while not a member is definitly SASS friendly. If you run a search for him on the web you can find a video piece he did for a local news outlet here in East TN. Shows him workin' and usin' his wares. Hope you find what you are lookin' for. The gent builds classics.

Michael "BigBear" Lowe

Here's that link I spoke of. (Save you the trouble of lookin' er up!)

Enjoy.

ML

Archived