SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10ga brass huls

Hey Rev, if you are looking for 10 gauge are you sure you don't have an 1887? The 1897's were not made in 10 gauge, just 12 and 16 gauge. So if you really have a 97 the 10 gauge won't fit.

Never heard of a 10g '97.

A year ago, I was finding 10 ga brass everywhere for my 3 SxS's. I'd pick up a case or few at a time here and there; gun shows, friends, gunbroker, here on the Wire classifieds, and even a couple on eBay before they caught 'em and canceled 'em. I amassed a collection of 102 pieces over a span of no more than six months, but haven't seen any reasonably priced for several months now. There are always a few singles on gunbroker, and the sellers often think they're going to get $20-$30 apiece for them, but all mine were between $3 and $5 per. RMC has 'em, but you're going to pay $8-$10 apiece for them.

(edit) THIS GUNBROKER AUCTION is the only one I can find at the moment, and he's had these two pieces for sale for months - one 10g and one 12g for $17.50, delivered.

J Bar and Outlaw Gambler; yes it's an '87. I knew it was wrong but did not know how to correct the ad after it was posted and I hoped that it would go unnoticed. I also left an "l" off hulls in the title line. Fact remains I need 10ga brass hulls for some shotgun.

Thanks,

TheRev

Archived