SASS Wire Forum

wtb/t used schofields

Looking for a pair of used topbreaks... long barreled preferred but ill take any .. I'm too broke to buy new so I'm looking for used. Plus id rather have a little worn look suits one of my costumes..

Would prefer to trade if possible as the economy and a year old little carpet burner makes cash a little hard to come up with.

I have an original 97 in better than average condition stocks. Bluing is mostly gone. Great patina though .Numbers matching shot one stage in sass only. Nothing wrong just prefer sxs

a pair of vaqueros 7 1/2 barrels never fired consecutive number's in 45 ss

a new blackhawk 4 5/8 in 45 ss

and a missmatch pair of 38s

Also a non sass 38 snubbie Taurus ss

Thanks for looking

Evil dogooder

Looking for a pair of used topbreaks... long barreled preferred. .. I'm too broke to buy new so I'm looking for used. Also willing to trade. I have a 97 a pair of vaqueros in 45 and a missmatch pair of 38s. Also a non sass 38 snubbie

Thanks for looking

Evil dogooder

What kind of top breaks?

What kind of top breaks?

Sorry schofield replicas for main match revolvers

Sent you a P.M. with info.

Reb :rolleyes:

Looking for a pair of used topbreaks... long barreled preferred but ill take any .. I'm too broke to buy new so I'm looking for used. Also willing to trade. I have an original 97 in better than average condition. Numbers matching shot one stage in sass only. a pair of vaqueros 7 1/2 barrels never fired consecutive number's in 45 a new blackhawk 4 5/8 in 45 and a missmatch pair of 38s. Also a non sass 38 snubbie

Thanks for looking

Evil dogooder

I have found you can buy new ones for what most folks want for used Schofields. You have to look a little, but I believe you will find dealer with stock they bought a while back that is marked way less than teh current prices for these. I have seen several in the $500 range.

WW

I have found you can buy new ones for what most folks want for used Schofields. You have to look a little, but I believe you will find dealer with stock they bought a while back that is marked way less than teh current prices for these. I have seen several in the $500 range.

WW

Wow... definitely will start looking then none of my local dealers carry them so they are saying 750 to order new ones in. If you know any of these dealers id appreciate their info.

Thanks for all the help.

Evil dogooder

Wow... definitely will start looking then none of my local dealers carry them so they are saying 750 to order new ones in. If you know any of these dealers id appreciate their info.

Thanks for all the help.

Evil dogooder

You're gonna have to work to find the best deal. I've had luck by googling, say, "uberti schofield" and then checking out the results. What you're looking for is the individual gunshop out in East Podunk that lists its inventory online; this means that you're going to skip the first four or five pages of Google results, and get itno the pages where most of the results have nothing to do with what you're looking for. This can take some time and it's really boring (I do on my down time at work), but you can save a couple hundred $.

Also be sure to make offers and haggle a bit. For some reason a lot of pards on the Wire do not do that while others will, perhaps a regional thing. Sometimes pards will really jack the price up for used trade items, kinda offsets the other guys jacked up estimate for his used stuff. I've been told no lots of times but no one has ever shot me for low-ball offers!

Also be sure to make offers and haggle a bit. For some reason a lot of pards on the Wire do not do that while others will, perhaps a regional thing. Sometimes pards will really jack the price up for used trade items, kinda offsets the other guys jacked up estimate for his used stuff. I've been told no lots of times but no one has ever shot me for low-ball offers!

Thanks for the advice I don't know if I've ever haggled much but ill sure try :-)

Here in NE Missouri, way out in the boonies (and I mean way out there :blink: ) there's a little country gun shop called Carmen Supply.

At one time I know they had a pair of Schofields in their shelf that had collected dust for a while. I wanted to buy them but didn't have the spare change at the time.

Might be worth while to google them, give 'em a call and ask what the best deal is on them. My bet is if they still have the ones I saw they might make you one heck of a deal.

I don't know though as I havn't talked to them in about two years or so.

Can't hurt to try though!!

~EE Taft~

Archived