SASS Wire Forum

SKB vs. BSS

Have had SKB's both 100 and 200 series. If your not ever going to shoot BP stay with your SKB's.

I personally prefer the BSS if one barrel doesn't go off I release the trigger and pull it again. I shoot mostly BP so the recoil is lighter then smokeless.

Yes the BSS is heavier but don't mind the weight when the buzzer goes off. My wife shoots a BSS also.

Remember its your choice not ours, so shoot what you have confidence in. Mine is a BSS.

Regards,

Big Iron Buster

Big Iron Buster,

If you're having trouble with your SKB's resetting the triggers because of Black Powder loads, then the trigger reset has been set up incorrectly.

The SKB's that I do will reset holding the gun at waist and pulling the trigger twice. They do not need shoulder pressure to reset.

If I can be of any help, contact me.

I like the Browning's, but they do not fit me as well as the SKB's.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

P.S. I love shooting SKB's

I have both and and have used them both in competition. I prefer the SKB because it's lighter weight makes it more nimble and because it has a shorter trigger reset travel. I find a slight but noticeable increase in the distance the trigger needs to move forward on the BSS before the second shot can be touched off. You can get used to it pretty quickly but I and others have noticed that in first shooting it, you have to focus on releasing the trigger before squeezing again. There is a bit more felt recoil with the SKB but with cowboy loads, it is hard to call that an issue. As for inertial vs. mechanical, seems to me you are going to have to reload one time anyway if a shell fails to fire. Love them both, but I shoot the SKB and keep the BSS as backup.

Cassalong Hopidy

I have tried the BSS for a while but I prefer my Johnny Meadows SKB's. (200E models)

Why?

They are lighter in the same barrel length, they seem to "point" a little more easily for me and the stocks seem to "drop" properly for my cheek placement.

Don't get me wrong - the BSS I used was top notch and an absolute pleasure to shoot, but the SKB's have the edge for me.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Big Iron Buster,

If you're having trouble with your SKB's resetting the triggers because of Black Powder loads, then the trigger reset has been set up incorrectly.

The SKB's that I do will reset holding the gun at waist and pulling the trigger twice. They do not need shoulder pressure to reset.

If I can be of any help, contact me.

I like the Browning's, but they do not fit me as well as the SKB's.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

P.S. I love shooting SKB's

This man knows what he is talking about - he took pity on a new SKB shooter at this years EOT and fixed mine. Its been flawless ever since.

Thanks again

Coffee

Archived