SASS Wire Forum

I Need Info on Taking Guns to Italy

Holden Winchester

Any of yawl know where I can find out Italian regs about possession and import of personal sixguns, rifles, shotguns. I'm movin' to Italy and I know they have shoots. Many thanks, Loose Latigo Jack, SASS 70357

I sent Ya' a PM

Contact the closest Italian Consulate or the Italian Embasy in D.C. They'll give you all the info you need. Or contact Alessandro Piettta alessandropietta@pietta.it He owns Pietta Firearms and is a SASS member & TG for the Italian clubs. He'll help you out.

Privately Owned Firearms (POF)

Shipping of any kind of weapon is prohibited. The Italian Government has imposed a ban on shipment of privately owned firearms to Italy. POF includes any weapons that is designed for or can be readily converted to be used for attack, defense, sports, games or hunting by driving a projectile through the barrel. This includes air pistols, air rifles and firing replicas of antique firearms. Additionally, it includes spring-opening knives, fixed bowie knives, straight-edge razors, brass knuckles, blackjack devices, cans with sharpened points, pipes, chains, slings, metal spheres, and any other like weapon which may be used for offending a person is forbidden. Italian law states that pocket knives may be carried, but the blade must not exceed two inches in length.

a. Hand Guns: None.

b. Rifles/Shot Guns: None.

c. Toy Related Guns: None.

d. Other (i.e. Ammo, Explosives, Etc.): None.

http://apps.mhf.dod.mil/pls/psgprod/f?p=MI:CONTENT:0::::P4_INST_ID,P4_CONTENT_TITLE,P4_CONTENT_EKMT_ID,P4_CONTENT_DIRECTORY:2380,Household%20Goods,30.90.90.30.30.0.0.0.0,2

• 2 weeks later...

Contact the closest Italian Consulate or the Italian Embasy in D.C. They'll give you all the info you need. Or contact Alessandro Piettta alessandropietta@pietta.it He owns Pietta Firearms and is a SASS member & TG for the Italian clubs. He'll help you out.

I agree , contact Allessandro. Lasseter had some "issues" last year in his travels, and could shed some light!! But Allessandro is where I would go!! Have fun!!!

Archived