SASS Wire Forum

Tula Pistol Primers

Has anyone got any information on Tula Pistol Primers? I searched the forum and found only one reference back in December that was sort of luke-warm about them. Are they corrosive? Also are they just repackaged Wolf primers? Are they reliable?

I've not read anything about Cheddite 209 shotgun primers. Same questions about them.

Both of these seem to be inexpensive (relatively).

i don't know about the tula primers,but the cheddite primers are great. i have been using them for the last 20 years never had a problem with them. i try to buy in big lots at one time. i get a better price. last time i bought 50,000 (10 cases) payed $115 a case this was about 16 months ago. they were bought in colorado. dam good primer.

LBF.

Wolf Ammo is made at the Tula Arsenal.... Easy to figure it out...

I bought some Tula's recently, both LP and SP. They both fire reliably in all the guns I have tried them in. None of my guns are setup super light, I normally use WLP and WSP. The only drawback is that they seat a touch harder, I suppose they are a squinch larger diameter. They are in the closet in case the Winchester supply dries up again. ;)

I've been using Wolf for several years now with very good results. I ordered a case of Tula primers recently, just for grins. The case box is EXACTLY the same as the Wolf primers, red print on a white box, and the same markings. The only difference is a small sticker on the side of each case; one says Wolf, the other says Tula. The Wolf primers are imported by a California company, and the Tula primers are imported by a Texas outfit.

I haven't used the Tulas yet, but I'd bet money that they shoot just the same as the Wolfs.

Cheddite 209 primers work great! I have shot 1000's of them. I learned about them from a trap and skeet old timer, who shot them for years. Great price point!

I wouldn't shoot any primers related to the wolf brand! I have been there and done that. Not worth the .50 cents per one hundred savings!!! Pay a little more and shoot federal or Winchester.

Good luck

Archived