SASS Wire Forum

'87 IAC Shotgun rumor........

RICO, SASS #9760LIFE

Coyote Cap's website says no more '87's are going to be imported. Anyone else heard anything about this? I was checking for prices and (thinking of selling mine) saw the info (in red) on Cap's website. I can't find any for sale anywhere else either. None on Gunsamerica / gunbroker / auction arms. IAC's website doesn't list them anymore nor does EMF's.

Any info out there and what are they selling for?

Thanks, RICO :FlagAm:

The rumors are true. I recently bought the last one on the entire Interweb.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=235800331

I worked out a deal for free shipping, so 't'were $400, shipped and $20 for the transfer.

Between the 87's and the hammered doubles disappearing from retail sales, it's making it harder and harder to get outfitted fer shootin' classic cowboy!

Grrrrrrrrr!

Dan

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

It'd sure be great to be able to make them here in the USA or Canada anyhow.

I wonder how much it would cost to backwards engineer them and build them from quality materials. :wacko:

I hate importing anything from Comm China.

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

It'd sure be great to be able to make them here in the USA or Canada anyhow.

I wonder how much it would cost to backwards engineer them and build them from quality materials. :wacko:

I hate importing anything from Comm China.

Mustang Gregg

Oh about $400 bucks. That's seems to be what the "Comm China" guns, are going for. :)

The owner of IAC is a regular customer and he has confirmed that they are no longer importing '87 shotguns. He said they wasn't enough demand to continue importing them.

The owner of IAC is a regular customer and he has confirmed that they are no longer importing '87 shotguns. He said they wasn't enough demand to continue importing them.

Ya can thank the greediness of the Chinese for this....

If they had stuck with their original commitment with Coyote Cap they would be still coming in, and there would be a waiting list for them....

The makers of these guns went outside their contract with him, made them at lesser standards, sold the unaccepted guns outside their contract, and then cut off the contract and sold them to whomever would taken them.....

If ya can get one that went through Coyote Cap you will be happy with the shotgun, otherwise ya take yer chances...

Me thinks demand dried up when the market was exposed to the lesser quality guns.

I got mine and I am happy with it.....

Signed by Cap himself.

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

The Chinese may be inscruable and greedy but they are also quite pragmatic. The Chinese 87s and mebbeso the 97s as well are dead and gone. The reason is they are harder to make than the 870 and 37 knock-offs they are now flooding our market with. Look at it from the factory owner's perspective. They can either make a relatively few hard-to-make cowboy type shotguns or a whole bunch of easier to manufacture modern "defense" and hunting pump clones. Which is better for the bottom line? Which are you gonna go with making?

I am purdy shure the IAC/Norinco 87s and probably their 97s are now things of the past. What I don't know is what about the other 2 Chinese 97 sources. Anybody know if the formerly-TTN-now-Cimarron 97 is still gonna be imported or not? As for the third 97, the Kuandian/Century International Arms, well we can only hope that skunk is dead and buried.

This is too bad.

The IAC guns were pretty good. I've got one of the 97 Trench Guns and a 93/97. Both well made shotguns. I don't have a "regular" 97, I've got 2 real Winchesters, and I just found an original 87 for a good price.

Even so, I was planning to pick up a repro 87 so I could get one with a short barrel. Bummer.

The 1887 and 1897 IAC guns are still out there new in the box.

I just bought a NIB 1887 at a local gun shop.

This last weekend I saw one NIB at a gun show. The asking price was $400.00.

Also at the gun show I saw two 1897 NIB. The asking price was $375.00 each.

Good luck in your search. Castalia

Archived