SASS Wire Forum

Looking for tool to remove

Jackson Haller

Howdy!

Awhile back I saw an ad in the chronicle for such a tool. Can't find the ad now. Anybody know the place or have a link to their web site? Thanks!

I think longhunter has them if he doesn't contact OL#4

KK

Something I recently discovered that works really well is the craftsman flat round pocket screwdriver.

It has four size sloted screwdrivers on it and the largest one works well in all 3 of my 73 and it doesnt take up much room in the cart. I think they are a couple of bucks at Sears.

I have a Magna-Tip 360-3 screwdriver tip that works just fine.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41568/Product/MAGNA_TIP_SUPER_SET_BITS

There is a trick to getting that screw out the first time. That italian gorrila at the factory must have a real grip on the impact driver. :angry: Set the rifle butt on a pad on the floor and get your wife or some other trusted person to hold the rifle steady. Place the screwdrive in the slot and give it a good wack with a hammer. The screw will come out without much effort at all. YMMV

Chancy

I finally got fed up with mine after bending hacksaw bladed and putty knives. I put a strip of duck tape over the edge of the magazine plug to protect it, and grabbed it with round jaw vise grip plyers. I figured that I would just order a new plug if it got chewed up by the plyer teeth. Fortunately, the duck tape protected the edge, and the cap came off.

Archived