SASS Wire Forum

Reduced-F/S: 1850's Civilian Overcoat/Greatcoat Reproduction.-REDUCED

PRICE REDUCED-

All,

For sale is a custom made 1850's Overcoat/Greatcoat made by a gent out of Canada. I was told

when I purchased the coat that this was one of two made for Beau Bridges while

appearing in the mini-series Into the West.

Apparently he did not wear this one as when I bought it it was in new unworn

condition. I can't confirm the above story and I don't have a copy of the show

to see if the one he did wear looks likes this one.

I can however say that this is one superbly made overcoat, and it has only been

worn by myself twice. So for all intent purposes it is still new.

It is constructed of a medium weight 100% Wool, with a plaid/check pattern and fully lined in satin or material very similar to satin. Faux Fur on collar and cuffs, the nicest faux fur I have ever seen or felt, you will not

believe it's not real. No outside or inside pockets.

Will fit a person with between a 42 & 44 inch chest, of course buttons can be moved to make it looser or tighter depending on your preference for fit, but if you plan on wearing over a suit coat I would suggest you should be on the smaller end to be comfortable.

It is sized for someone at least 6' or taller, I am 6'2 and the length of the coat and the sleeves fit me perfectly! Coat hits at just above my knees.

Price is now $190 + $20.00 USPS shipping, insurance included. Payment by either PayPal (please add 3% to cover their cost) or USPS Postal Money Order only.For the quality and construction of this coat I think this is a resonable price. If you disagree make me an offer, the worst I can say is no thank you.

Having trouble uploading pictures to this site so contact me at johnnyshoes@netzero.com for picture or if you need/want more info.

Thanks very much for looking.

Regards, John.

Archived