SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Springfield Trapdoor mainspring (Found one)

I bought a Springfield Trapdoor 45-70 with 1884 on the breech block and a Buffington rear sight.

It doesn't have a mainspring, so anyone who might have a good used one for sale please PM me.

I also need the long screw that goes down through the wood and into the front of the trigger guard.

I measured the barrel and it's 29 1/2 inches, so it looks like I got a Cadet, not a rifle.

It has a carbine stock on it (not right) so maybe I might need a Cadet stock, unless I do something custom.

If you have a parts gun or know of parts, let me know. A new spring from Numrich is $36.95, I would be happy with a good used one.

Big Jake

I bought a Springfield Trapdoor 45-70 with 1884 on the breech block and a Buffington rear sight.

It doesn't have a mainspring, so anyone who might have a good used one for sale please PM me.

I also need the long screw that goes down through the wood and into the front of the trigger guard.

I measured the barrel and it's 29 1/2 inches, so it looks like I got a Cadet, not a rifle.

It has a carbine stock on it (not right) so maybe I might need a Cadet stock, unless I do something custom.

If you have a parts gun or know of parts, let me know. A new spring from Numrich is $36.95, I would be happy with a good used one.

Big Jake

try trapdoors.com

Archived