SASS Wire Forum

Need load data

Jack Houston # 35508

There isn't any printed data I can find for Nitro 100 for use in 38 special. I have 8 lbs of the old formula Nitro 100. The new forumla is supposed to be shotgun powder.

Anyone have any data?

PM me or e-mail me at

loneriderleather@hotmail.com

Slim, LoadData is an excellent site for loading data. Like having a loading reference manual in ones gun room. The downside is one has to pay for access to the data ... and common practice of CAS folks is to come to the shooting forums and want the data for free

Isn't it great...a company changes their formula, leaves the name the same, and then posts no load data for their own powder. <_< I used the old Nitro 100 and when I re-order an 8lb. container a couple of years ago I had no idea they had changed it. Still no load data on their website for it.

here is a link to the Accurate Loading Guide #2 http://www.scribd.com/doc/36302640/Accurate-Reloading-Guide

The Nitro 100 in here is the old stuff

There is a cowboy action section as well

I know .38 is not .44 but when I called Accurate about the new nitro 100 the guy told me to use 15% less. They should be getting a new guide out. There are now Nitro 100 loads listed in their online guide for the new nitro 100

Archived