SASS Wire Forum

Interesting exchange with US Firearms

:lol: Ha Sixgun Shorty...of course you gave up on them...you sell Colts. Go figure...and we all know that Colt guys have their panties in a wad in the fact that the USFA guns are comparable to a genuine Colt if not better.

I certainly don't wish any business that makes firearms ill will. But you as a Colt dealer probably don't mind :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Totally Untrue! So don't make uninformed suppositions please when you haven't spoken to me and draw your own conclusions from nothing but conjecture.

I dont sell only Colts..I sell a bit of everything and have sold plenty of USFA firearms as well.

I don't wish any gun manufacturer anything but success including USFA.I have friends at USFA and was one of their first dealers to sign on with them.

My entire complaint with USFA is only that they promise to make new guns, take orders, and then either never produce them at all or in quantities so small as to make no difference.

I simply got sick of having to explain to clients why i could not get the USFA guns that they wanted

I have always said their guns were gorgeous and well made.As investments, true, I have touted Colt as a much better investment than USFA which it is.Just the truth.

I own several USFA's in my personal collection, primarily their semi automatic 1910 and 1911 which are among the most beautiful guns in my collection.

If they actually produced the Woodsman + Maxim Suppressor, I would buy them in a heartbeat since i am a Class III dealer.They have been advertising them for years but still no guns,at least to my knowledge(Yankee Hill is supposedly making the Maxim suppressors)

Just like the Remingtons, which I ordered in quantity early on, the Omnipotent(which some folks received but i am still sitting on backorders after years) and a host of other firearms.

Producing quantities as little as 15 units is far from a major manufacturer in my opinion.

Again, and for the record: I only wish success for USFA..MY personal opinions have nothing to do with selling either Colts or USFA..Plenty of room for both!

By the way..USFA has Never represented any competition whatsoever to my Colt business.People that want a Colt, want a Colt.....

Totally Untrue! So don't make uninformed suppositions please when you haven't spoken to me and draw your own conclusions from nothing but conjecture.

I dont sell only Colts..I sell a bit of everything and have sold plenty of USFA firearms as well.

I don't wish any gun manufacturer anything but success including USFA.I have friends at USFA and was one of their first dealers to sign on with them.

My entire complaint with USFA is only that they promise to make new guns, take orders, and then either never produce them at all or in quantities so small as to make no difference.

I simply got sick of having to explain to clients why i could not get the USFA guns that they wanted

I have always said their guns were gorgeous and well made.As investments, true, I have touted Colt as a much better investment than USFA which it is.Just the truth.

I own several USFA's in my personal collection, primarily their semi automatic 1910 and 1911 which are among the most beautiful guns in my collection.

If they actually produced the Woodsman + Maxim Suppressor, I would buy them in a heartbeat since i am a Class III dealer.They have been advertising them for years but still no guns,at least to my knowledge(Yankee Hill is supposedly making the Maxim suppressors)

Just like the Remingtons, which I ordered in quantity early on, the Omnipotent(which some folks received but i am still sitting on backorders after years) and a host of other firearms.

Producing quantities as little as 15 units is far from a major manufacturer in my opinion.

Again, and for the record: I only wish success for USFA..MY personal opinions have nothing to do with selling either Colts or USFA..Plenty of room for both!

By the way..USFA has Never represented any competition whatsoever to my Colt business.People that want a Colt, want a Colt.....

EDITED: Sent ya a pm

Well said, Sorty. I admire the quality of the USFA Single Action, but when the price is equal to, or more than an equivalent Colt, I have to buy the Colt. Like you said, the USFA guns have never impacted your Colt sales. Yes, I would like to have a USFA Cavalry model Colt replica, but at their prices I had to settle for a Cimarron (Uberti). I was also disappointed a few years back when USFA touted that they were going to build the 1875 Remington revolvers for Remington and then never produced any. The Remingtons (with all of the original markings) probably would have cost more than most people would have been willing to pay. It's likely that only Remington collectors (as opposed to CAS/WAS shooters) would have made the investment which would not have allowed USFA or Remington to amortize their investment. Producing replicas of historical firearms is a difficult business and truly fine replicas cost a lot to produce and demand a high price as a result, especially since they appeal to a limited market. I wish USFA luck in their endeavors. Hopefully, Merwin & Hulbert will get their act together and produce revolvers that ordinary folks can afford. Happy trails, Squint

Hopefully, Merwin & Hulbert will get their act together and produce revolvers that ordinary folks can afford. Happy trails, Squint

So far the reputation on the Wire of the situation doesn't look good for M & H either. Hopefully they can make it in the business - they look like nice pieces. have they made any of them yet?

A big +1 for Colt McAllister as nothing but truth comes from his mouth when he speaks of USFA. Jim Finch (Long Hunter) dang near went nuts trying to take and fill orders for the USFA revolvers. I have purchased two sets from Jim and each one was a new adventure every day with Doug calling the shots. As McAllister stated about Doug; he never has to sell another gun in his life as he has millions that was his from birth. He does not think on the same levels as we do. Care for an example, look back a few tears when he shut down all his production so that all of his multi-colored camouflage colors revolvers could be produced. This was his idea that was going to take the gun world by storm. Ever see one? His mind jumps in a different direction every day. His decline of sales has nothing to do with what some of you have said is from the slow down of SASS. THAT IS A BUNCH OF BULL!! His let down in orders is from him not building the guns on order that were sold.If he decided to build another model gun then all other production was shut down. I never received a answer from 15 or more calls and as many e-mails. My first set of guns was a set of Premium 45 Colts with 5 1/2 inch barrels. After 6 months and no guns Jim called me and said he had a pair of 4 3/4 that were not picked up and if I wanted them they were mine. I jumped at the deal. I have two pards who love my current 44-40's and had Jim order them a pair over 8 months ago. The way I received them was a back and forth through Doug. I wanted a pair of 44-40's 5 1/2 inch barrels but in the Rodeo which is the exact same revolver with out the Turnbull finish which cost almost $300 per gun. Jim advised that he ask Doug and he refused to build them. Some months later,Jim called and said that Doug would build the guns for an extra $100 per gun surcharge. I agreed and received the guns about 4 months later. I have read a lot of put down on USFA from persons who neither have owned nor fired one and I will tell you that you you don't know how good of a revolver it is. In fact the Colt production improved in leaps and bounds because of the USFA being made. The problem is that Doug has no idea what is important. If you want to purchase a USFA revolver, then you should be able to go to a stocking dealer and handle one. You should not have to look at a picture in a book. I am happy that I have mine but it makes me very sad that such a great product will vanish with none to buy.

A big +1 for Colt McAllister as nothing but truth comes from his mouth when he speaks of USFA. Jim Finch (Long Hunter) dang near went nuts trying to take and fill orders for the USFA revolvers. I have purchased two sets from Jim and each one was a new adventure every day with Doug calling the shots. As McAllister stated about Doug; he never has to sell another gun in his life as he has millions that was his from birth. He does not think on the same levels as we do. Care for an example, look back a few tears when he shut down all his production so that all of his multi-colored camouflage colors revolvers could be produced. This was his idea that was going to take the gun world by storm. Ever see one? His mind jumps in a different direction every day. His decline of sales has nothing to do with what some of you have said is from the slow down of SASS. THAT IS A BUNCH OF BULL!! His let down in orders is from him not building the guns on order that were sold.If he decided to build another model gun then all other production was shut down. I never received a answer from 15 or more calls and as many e-mails. My first set of guns was a set of Premium 45 Colts with 5 1/2 inch barrels. After 6 months and no guns Jim called me and said he had a pair of 4 3/4 that were not picked up and if I wanted them they were mine. I jumped at the deal. I have two pards who love my current 44-40's and had Jim order them a pair over 8 months ago. The way I received them was a back and forth through Doug. I wanted a pair of 44-40's 5 1/2 inch barrels but in the Rodeo which is the exact same revolver with out the Turnbull finish which cost almost $300 per gun. Jim advised that he ask Doug and he refused to build them. Some months later,Jim called and said that Doug would build the guns for an extra $100 per gun surcharge. I agreed and received the guns about 4 months later. I have read a lot of put down on USFA from persons who neither have owned nor fired one and I will tell you that you you don't know how good of a revolver it is. In fact the Colt production improved in leaps and bounds because of the USFA being made. The problem is that Doug has no idea what is important. If you want to purchase a USFA revolver, then you should be able to go to a stocking dealer and handle one. You should not have to look at a picture in a book. I am happy that I have mine but it makes me very sad that such a great product will vanish with none to buy.

Now that's a post with experience - too bad to hear that about the USFA brand and its owner.....thanks for sharin'

and yeah, I remember those multi-colored camouflage single action pistols....ugly doesn;t even describe it.

Archived