SASS Wire Forum

Marlin rifle barrels For Sale or Trade

I have been working on an 1893 Marlin rebuild project but the barrel still remains problematic. I have two Marlin barrels but they are not 38-55. So I want to trade or sell so I can get what I want.

32 Special: 26” half octagonal/half round Marlin 32 Special barrel. Marked Marlin Fire-Arms, Special Smokeless Steel with August 1, 1893 as last patent date. It is dovetailed for a full length magazine tube.

My problem is that the barrel is the wrong caliber and is made for a take down (long threaded with 13 turns) rifle. I don’t want to have it cut or rebored.

It is in fairly good shape with much of the blueing remaining but there is some surface pitting outside, especially near the threads. Rifling is clean but a bit some pitting is seen in the chamber. Dovetails are crisp and clean but the forestock tenon dovetail shows surface “dings” which would not be seen anyways. $300 shipped or trade for a 24 to 26” 38-55 barrel, Special Smokeless Steel or modern octagonal only.

30-30 Win: 20” Marlin barrel with Ballard rifling made for the Model 336 CS. It is a true rifle barrel with dovetails for the forestock tenon and barrel pin. Rifling and chamber are nice and clean. Blueing is good but used. $125 shipped or trade for a useable flintlock pistol!!

I can take pictures but ….

Contact me at rmroz@att.net

Dirtwater Doc

Archived