SASS Wire Forum

FS: Colt 1877 Lighning Double Action

This Colt 1877 Double Action Lightning is in amazing shape to be almost 130 years old. Made sometime around 1883, this one has been well preserved over the years. It’s chambered in .38 Colt (.38 S&W Special will not chamber in this gun) and works flawlessly in both single and double action modes. Most of the original nickel finish remains and the acid etched panel on the barrel is the best original one I’ve ever seen on a Lightning. Most of the high polished charcoal blue remains on the hammer and it’s also still visible on the trigger. The bore is also in fantastic shape and I’d rate it an 8-9 on a scale of 1-10. All serial numbers match and all factory markings are very sharp/clear as befits an excellent factory original piece. The rosewood grips are obviously not original to the piece, however, I’m told they are period replacements. As this is considered an antique by the ATF no FFL is needed. I hate to part with it but hard financial times are forcing me to sell it. Let me know if you have any questions or need more pictures. Thanks for looking!

$1500 Shipped to you

Etched Panel

Left SideRight Side

Close Up of Trigger Guard Area

Caliber Mark on Trigger Guard Flat

Close Up of Cylinder and Base Pin

Close Up of Patent Date Stamp

Front Sight

Close Up of Hammer

Backstrap Serial Number

Underside of Trigger Guard

Frame and Trigger Guard Serial Numbers