SASS Wire Forum

O/T Sand beast

I've seen those vids a few times. Always fascinating. He calls em animals because the motion is very "creature-like". The man is also fascinating. He seems somewhat the coconut, obsessed with his "art", but who knows, maybe something will come of his work? Somebody may figure out practical used for his "animals" one day.

I've seen those vids a few times. Always fascinating. He calls em animals because the motion is very "creature-like". The man is also fascinating. He seems somewhat the coconut, obsessed with his "art", but who knows, maybe something will come of his work? Somebody may figure out practical used for his "animals" one day.

Yuo - most genius' are :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I met the guy who made these, and got to see and touch a number of his smaller beach crawlers. He was speaking at an engineering (Solidworks) conference I attended. The crawlers were fascinating from the engineering design standpoint. The guy was, what is the technical term..., a crazy old coot. He appeared to be and put across the impression that somewhere there is a group of looney bin interns still trying to figure out how he got out! :rolleyes: He talks about his machines as though they were live animals, and argues that since they "eat" wind and move of their own accord, they must be alive.

But, engineers are inherently a bit looney (I is one, thought I would get to drive a train when I signed up for engineering at the university), and it takes a special kind of mind to develop these wind powered beach crawlers! the more fascinating the design, the more looney the engineer.

Archived