SASS Wire Forum

I'm a Gunaholic

Big Jake1001

I have breakfast every Tuesday AM with about a dozen Marines (Korea & Vietnam) and the topic of guns comes up.

I love listening to their stories about their times in the Corps and where they served. I tell them mine too.

One Marine (78) tells me of this old rifle he got for free when he was 14 years old. Springfield Trapdoor 45-70.

He shot it 5 times and put it away, hasn't shot it since (closet queen) and want's too show it to me and maybe sell it.

He has a Ruger MK1 .22 pistol with a Weaver quik point on it. He wants to sell it too. I being always one who likes to help

people out in time of need buy both for his asking price. I also tell him McShagnasty will buy his .380 auto (I didn't want)

On the way home I stopped by The Cowboys and Indian Store in Santa Ana and see Jim Bowie and Sassy Lassey and pick up a

Winchester 1897 shotgun with a 32 inch barrel. Made in 1904, a take down to go with my solid frame 1904. Pistol, rifle shotgun.

I get home and take them apart to clean them(I'm a gunsmith too) and a friend calls with a story about a lawyer with guns for sale.

One is a Winchester 1897 take down and a Remington .41 rim-fire derringer, What am I to do? I gotta go look at them, I'm hooked!!!

Big Jake

I have breakfast every Tuesday AM with about a dozen Marines (Korea & Vietnam) and the topic of guns comes up.

I love listening to their stories about their times in the Corps and where they served. I tell them mine too.

One Marine (78) tells me of this old rifle he got for free when he was 14 years old. Springfield Trapdoor 45-70.

He shot it 5 times and put it away, hasn't shot it since (closet queen) and want's too show it to me and maybe sell it.

He has a Ruger MK1 .22 pistol with a Weaver quik point on it. He wants to sell it too. I being always one who likes to help

people out in time of need buy both for his asking price. I also tell him McShagnasty will buy his .380 auto (I didn't want)

On the way home I stopped by The Cowboys and Indian Store in Santa Ana and see Jim Bowie and Sassy Lassey and pick up a

Winchester 1897 shotgun with a 32 inch barrel. Made in 1904, a take down to go with my solid frame 1904. Pistol, rifle shotgun.

I get home and take them apart to clean them(I'm a gunsmith too) and a friend calls with a story about a lawyer with guns for sale.

One is a Winchester 1897 take down and a Remington .41 rim-fire derringer, What am I to do? I gotta go look at them, I'm hooked!!!

Big Jake

Of course . . . :)

Of course ur hooked Big Jake ....just like we all are !!!! ;)

I would like to have a Spencer repeating rifle follow me home. :lol:

Just sayin.................

I would be.

If I had any money. :lol::angry:

Big Jake

You Are One SICK PUPPY Jake !!!

Just Sayin' !! :lol:

:FlagAm: Wimpy

&

I Agree with Uncle (if I had any money) Bob

If I had the money I'd have to buy a couple more safes in short order. My current wish list will more than fill up my current safe and half another one.

Just curious, in CA on a person to person gun sale, assuming both parties are state residents, can ya just do it, or do you have to take it thru an FFL and deal with the waiting period or whatever.

Well, Jake, shoot off two rounds and call me in the morning.

Actually, I have taken the gunaholic thing another step. I was in the hardware store the other day and they had, of all things, a gun safe. It was a sister to the one that I got which is full. It was a little less fancy and was half the price. My thunking was, I could get the safe and take some of the overload off the other one. But then I would have a half full safe and a full safe. I would have to buy more guns.

It never ends and there is no cure. :huh:

I feel for you. It's an incurable disease. And the worst part is that the flare ups occur when you least expect them. Like, last week, I was visiting our daughter when her husband asked if I would accompany him to a certain store that deals mostly with surplus........stuff, and quite inocently, and without really trying I walked out with a very cherry SMLE made in 1951..................I mean, I don't know what to do! It's like an irresistible impulse.......Ay, ya yay, ya yay!!!

Now I have another problem, it's too long for my safe..........Oy vey!!!

Lady Hawk controlls da purse strings round here................

Hey.....I know what'll work.................

"Mama...Look what fallered me home ! Can I keep it ? I'll take care of it, I promise !!! ;)

If I had the money I'd have to buy a couple more safes in short order. My current wish list will more than fill up my current safe and half another one.

Just curious, in CA on a person to person gun sale, assuming both parties are state residents, can ya just do it, or do you have to take it thru an FFL and deal with the waiting period or whatever.

Well, it's like this folks....the .380 ACP was bought in the 80's while he worked for the Sheriff's dept. and was papered to him...

so it has to go through an FFL for a private party transfer. $35 and 10 Loooooooooooooong day wait. The little Ruger was a 1962 purchase and no paper, as was the 1884 Springfield trapdoor. Black powder, no wait. Technically the Ruger should go through a FFL, but how does anyone know how long I've owned it. "I've had this since the 60's" is my answer. Half of the 100 guns aren't papered, and that's just fine with me.

I recently got a 2 year back pay from the VA for my 100% service connected disability. $25,500 goes for fixing up some of the 8 cars and trucks, remodeling the Bathroom, giving my Wife and 2 boys $1000 each for putting up with me for 2 years, bitching about how slow the VA is. A trip to Hawaii next month for 11 days to our Condo on Kauai. Buying a couple of guns for meownself is what I like to do. My wife likes NEW SHOES and clothes for the trip. Oh, I forgot to mention the guy I met Sat. who is getting divoriced, and wants to sell some guns too. I got his #. Just sayin'

Big Jake

P.S. My wife made me fix the washer and dryer, stove, dishwasher, and a new garbage disposal and new kitchen faucet. SWMBO wins.

Big Jake

Send me a pm.

Big Jake

Jake, I have meet you and I know about your addiction. But the very fact that you and I and so many others are meeting each month out in Norco to "cope" with our addictions means we are working on it.. lol... so, reload... and enjoy Jakers.. cuz you are too much fun.. lol

You Are One SICK PUPPY Jake !!!

Just Sayin' !! :lol:

:FlagAm: Wimpy

&

I Agree with Uncle (if I had any money) Bob

Whimpys.. hello sweetpea.. lol... One more gun will fix up all your ailments ya know!!!!

I have the money....but also have a wife.

CPK

Thats okay, but you can't trade her for a gun.. lol.. Just kidding you.... Get her to shoot, and you will need a new safe.. lol

Quote Deja Vous "Whimpys.. hello sweetpea.. lol... One more gun will fix up all your ailments ya know!!!! "

Yes, Darlin' Deja,

I Know, I Know, I will admit it..

I DO, have an affliction of an addiction,

and I Always Tell My MaMa, When I Fall Off That Wagon,

and Buy another one...

This Gun... is... an Investment :lol:

Wimp

Lately I been in a downsizing mode. Taking "toys" out of safe and selling them, many I expected to never ever leave. Some I haven't fired in years. I still have 4 SA, 2 shotguns, and 3 .22 contemplating on selling. But my mode is selling them in order. Does that mean my days as a "Junkaholic" is over? No more droolin? MT

Archived