SASS Wire Forum

MEDIAN AGE IN SASS?

Fast Harley,SASS#34953

Well Harley, do ya remember that DG purple birthday cake Teresa (Red River Ray's lovely companion) baked for me at last weekends little shindig in beautiful eastern Kaintuck? That was for my 53rd birthday which is tomorrow. That bein said, I am an AVERAGE shooter, I don't think I got a MEAN bone in my body and the last time I was in the MEDIAN there may have been Lemonade involved! :P

Don't know about Harley, but I remember Titus. And Happy Birthday young man.

Cassalong Hopidy

I do remember,Titus.Hope it was a good B-day. It was while we were at Joe's!

Back to the question. If you include all the 8 year old shooter's and all the 80+ year old shooter's

in SASS,and everyone in between,what is the AVERAGE age? We are still gaining younger members,but I'm

sure the average is much higher than a few years ago.

Harley.

Sheesh! I hate it when you start talking about age. :rolleyes:;)

How would one determine the ages of SASS shooters? Did we provide that information when we first signed up. :unsure:

Determining age by category population is skewed to the young side as folks can move to what would appear to be a "younger" category.

Just saying...

Regards,

Allie Mo

You may be correct BUT, the subject was MEDIAN AGE then the question was for AVERAGE AGE.

By the way, how did you come up with the number "40"?

Blackfoot

I was just thinking that if we are actually talking about average age(assuming that it is about 55), there would have to be a 95 year old(or 4 65's)to offset every 15 year old.

I ain't even got to read anyone else's answer to know the only correct answer for this... It's "YOUNG AT HEART"!

I was just thinking that if we are actually talking about average age(assuming that it is about 55), there would have to be a 95 year old(or 4 65's)to offset every 15 year old.

Gotcha. I tend to think the extremes would be around 12 on the low end and 85 on the high end.

...But at least you have an age based category. For a while I thought I might have been a buckaroo since you need to be 36 to be a wrangler. I guess I can't even escape gen x in cowboy shooting.

Upon further investigation I now think I must be Cowboy, but anybody can be a Cowboy.....

Don't think that Wrangler is any easier than Cowboy. In my short experience, it ain't.

I shoot Duelist, so I don't ever have to worry about how old I get. :D

Chick

You know I thought you were younger

It's all in how you read it......"I wouldn't have guessed" could mean "Gee, I never would have guessed you were that ancient?" :lol:

....I gotcha on the hook now, doan expect me to turn you loose too easily.... :D .....Naaawww....all is forgiven....even if you did think I was ancient.... B)

Chick

It's all in how you read it......"I wouldn't have guessed" could mean "Gee, I never would have guessed you were that ancient?" :lol:

....I gotcha on the hook now, doan expect me to turn you loose too easily.... :D .....Naaawww....all is forgiven....even if you did think I was ancient.... B)

Chick

Well Darlin 47 is lookin younger all the time!

Don't think that Wrangler is any easier than Cowboy. In my short experience, it ain't.

I shoot Duelist, so I don't ever have to worry about how old I get. :D

Chick

I am not saying any category is easy. Until yesterday I thought there were age groups for 16 and below and 36 and above. It took a good reading of the handbook about six times to figure out cowboy is 17-35 and not a catchall open class. From nearest I can tell from looking at match results there is a normal distribution of shooter in the age catagories with senior being the nominal group. ( I did not plot this to verify)

I am not saying any category is easy. Until yesterday I thought there were age groups for 16 and below and 36 and above. It took a good reading of the handbook about six times to figure out cowboy is 17-35 and not a catchall open class. From nearest I can tell from looking at match results there is a normal distribution of shooter in the age catagories with senior being the nominal group. ( I did not plot this to verify)

Dear QWL,

I hate to contradict a very public post... :blush:

However, Cowboy could be considered a "catchall open class." The following is from page 13 of the Shooters Handbook, "Cowboy Category shooters are competitors of any age range."

Regards,

Allie Mo

Dear QWL,

I hate to contradict a very public post... :blush:

However, Cowboy could be considered a "catchall open class." The following is from page 13 of the Shooters Handbook, "Cowboy Category shooters are competitors of any age range."

Regards,

Allie Mo

No problemo Allie Mo, now I feel all age-discrimated against again <_< , next thing you know you will be telling me that since there are no men's categories that ladies of any age can be cowboys too :o

When I first started since I was under 36 ( and still am) I told my wife I might be a buckaroo....

QWL

Archived