SASS Wire Forum

Honoris Causa

Aunt Jen

You know, for a piddlin' sum, a person can go to a degree mill on the web, pay a few hundred or a few thousand, and get an "honorary degree." (It's cheaper to get photoshop and make your own.) No accreditation is met, usually. In these places, there is no study. Just paper, in exchange for your electrons to pay pal. :o

I was wondering if I should try to find, maybe, a DTV, a doctorate for watching TV, or a DMC, a doctorate for eating at McDonalds. Or, I guess, that might be a Ph.D., a Doctor of Philosophy in Contemporary Fast Food Restaurants.

I don't know what my point is, but it seems there ought to be some standard.

I think we should be able to give SASS degrees (based on actual merit) to people who reload well, or shoot well, or who drive up in a nice car... :)

Goodness...

AJ

Down in "Deep East Texas," a Ph.D. refers to one of them "blue-haired" ladies at church that doan cut their hair or ware no makeup....they pile that hare up o'top of they heads.....Ph.D. stand fer "Pentecostal Hair Do." ---a real quote from a pastor friend of mine. :)

....but I get yer drift.

I'm not sure that the "degree" (or the paper its written on) is worth much in the job market, but....... :rolleyes:

Chick

Ok:

DRS: Doctor of Reliable Shooting

DCS: Doctor of Clean Shooting

DGH: Doctor of Great Humor

DR: Doctor of Re-Loading

DC: Doctor of Cooking

Ph.D.: Piled Higher and Deeper? (Not to demean real Ph.D.s)

AJ

I got a Ph.D. from the Navy (yes - ours!) for a two week Top Secret cryptographic course I attended in Norfolk.

The diploma says I have a Ph.D. in "Cryptographic Theology"! :lol:

I got mine.

MBSCSDD

Master of Back Stabbin cork Screwin and Dirty Dealin. :lol:

I got a Ph.D. from the Navy (yes - ours!) for a two week Top Secret cryptographic course I attended in Norfolk.

Oh! Unfair! I was a Cryptologic Tech. That oughta at least get me a B.S.

Oh, wait: I am full of B.S. already......

AJ

Cryptographic Theology? Does that mean you are a Baptist?

Do that mean you can actually preach about them funny lil picture thingies that them Egypsions wrote on them mummies' tombs? :lol:

Chick

I really should buy one, then I could say I have one. But I'm so honest, I'd have to always go around telling people, "It's fake; I bought it." But if I tell them I used a semicolon in the middle, they might still respect me.

But it could be a good source of humor.

They'd no doubt ask me if I really had to study for it, and I could tell them honestly that I had to study some of these posts, but that there was no test.

AJ

He might maybe could, but nobody in this century would have a clue what he was talking about, or even know what language he was talkin in. :D

Wif nuff Bulliet, I bet cha I could !! ;)

Cryptographic Theology? Does that mean you are a Baptist?

I would be, but SASS still doesn't have a Baptist category. In fact I'm gonna go one step further than Birdgun Quail and demand a Frontier Cartridge Baptist category! :lol:

He might maybe could, but nobody in this century would have a clue what he was talking about, or even know what language he was talkin in. :D

I usta suffer from that exact same condition, back when I was a serious drinkin' man! As a matter of fact, I was the role model for this video!!! :lol::o

Foster Brooks

Archived