SASS Wire Forum

STS vs AA

Dantankerous

Can the STS green hulls and the AA "Featherlite" hulls be loaded with the same BP sub powder charge and wad or is there any difference that would require a change? I have several hundred STS hulls and only several boxes of the AA and if I can load them the same I would prefer to do that. Otherwise I will stick to loading the STS hulls.

What wads work well with each?

Thanks!

Dan

Yes I load them indiscrimanently. I believe the STS hulls have a slightly higher volume, but good wad compression makes that small difference meaningless.

Wad choice must be determined by powder and shot quantity.

Possum

Yes I load them indiscrimanently. I believe the STS hulls have a slightly higher volume, but good wad compression makes that small difference meaningless.

Wad choice must be determined by powder and shot quantity.

Possum

Yep, what Possum said. The same load with the AA may give you just a tiny pin hole in the crimp, this can easily be adjusted to work for both hulls. I use the Win AA 12SL Pink wads for my 7/8oz load, and BPI wad #072SSW for 1 1/8oz, both with ffg real BP. Good Luck :)

BPI #72SSW

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

The STS hulls (both grn and gold 27)and the AA's will all shoot and load the same. I use only the real BP with a rolled crimp.

Archived