SASS Wire Forum

1911 smith

Tomboy

I do all of my own machine/fitting gun work so in that part I can't help. I don't do work for others these days, as I no longer hold an FFL or have the insurance.

You should state just what you want done. Different 'smiths do different things, even on the same weapon type.

Respectfully,

LG

:FlagAm: Check Ted out. I have known him for many years and he is top notch in every aspect of his trade. At one time, he was a smith at Gunsite, Jeff Cooper's place.

http://www.heirloomprecision.com/

Regards, Chas B.

www.jplprecision.com

John builds some serious USPSA race guns.

He built me a 1911 Commander that rivals any custom gun I have ever handled.

He can do whatever you want.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Bob Marvel Custom or Run N Ironwould be my top choices.

Both have websites, but I can't get to them from this computer.

Mustang Gregg

Wild Bodie Tom SASS #67918 did my Springfield Mil-Spec. I am very pleased with the work done. He made a horrible trigger to my liking which included a new longer version, removed the white dot on the front sight, beveled the mag well and checkered the main spring housing (the lines are straight and sharp). The pistol is much better to shoot and affords me a better chance at hitting what I am aiming at. His charge was very reasonable, relative to many of the other 1911 smiths I am familiar with.

He lives in Arizona and can be reached here. He also hangs out on the Wild Bunch Forum. I would recommend him.

Archived