SASS Wire Forum

Sad Day at the house

doc roy l. pain

For all you pards that we have camped with over the last 10 years I'm letting you know that we have taken a loss in our family with the death of our big yeller dog, Ruger. Took him to emergency at the vets yesterday and he died during the night at the vets office. Still don't know why. Looks like kidney failure but the vet said without a full autopsy we probably will never know what caused it. My dad and my dog in just a few months. Life just isn't much fun right now. Thanks to all that fed him snacks and gave him pats over the years....

Sincerely,

Doc and Pinky

Oh Gosh Doc,

That makes me sad for you. I love my cats and dog so much. I've even had one cat live to be 18. Others were 16, 17, 14, 10, ... They cannot help but steal our hearts in all that time together.

I just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you as another pet owner/lover and member of the SASS family.

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

A sad day indeed. The joy and fun memories will last for years and you'll find yourself laughing about things you remember. Will Rodgers said that if there were no dogs in heaven he wanted to go where the dogs were. Me too.

Peace and comfort to you and yours.

doc and pinky, sorry to hear of your loss. dogs love us unconditionaly and touch our hearts. And they are a part of our family. Ruger was a good dog I gave him a few petttings myself when camped nearby.cheerish the memories and my prayers go out for you.

Really sorry to hear this Doc. I lost my little girl Chloe, a boxer, about six months ago. I'm sure Chloe was waiting at the Pearly Gates to welcome your loved one in. They're probably playing together right now. I'll be praying for you and Pinky at this time.

Tonic

Sorry fur the loss pard!!

A man loves his dog better than most folks!

Had ta put my Pa's boarder collie down last Christmas, never saw the man cry till then!

furball

Sorry to hear the loss. Pets become as much a part of our family as anyone else and the loss makes it all that much lonelier around the house prayers up for ya

Sorry to hear that.

It is hard losing a good dog.

Lost my dog (BOO) about 3 years ago.

He ALWAYS met me at the door when I went outside, or at the gate when I pulled

in the drive. Stayed by me side at all time when out doing things.

Just about a week ago I was walking out to the pasture and out of the corner of my eye

I see him walking along beside me. Just like he always did.

Whipped my head around and of course there was notting there. Think it was just wishful thinking

on my part.

I still miss him being there for me every day.

Guess even after 3 years I still look for him.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Been there felt your pain, hope this helps

Rafe :FlagAm:

That's why I don't/haven't had any pet in over 30 years, they die and leave you alone :unsure:

Sorry Doc!!

Oh Jack,

You must know what you are missing. :unsure: I know how hard the loss of a beloved pet is. :(

However, there are so many dogs and cats or puppies and kittens in this world you could love and could love you. :) I'm not sure how to say this...There is a potential pet out there that could enrich your life and you could save it from euthanization. If you miss the one that died and left you alone, think of the joy he/she brought you. You could do the same for another pet.

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

PS Sorry to get all sappy/chickie on you.

Yes, they do take a part of you with them, but, they enrich our lives while they're here. Where else can you get unconditional love in such a small package?We lost our little girl a little over two years ago, plus one of Susie's cats all within about a week. As much as it hurt, I couldn't go long without having doxie fur on my clothes. We ended up with two little girls who are my doll babies......... :blush:

Shucks, Iwl miss ole Ruger,,,,he twas a gud dog! I know your pain and will pray as I think of y'all....

We've just started looking for a new one after a lil over two years........It still makes me tear up... :huh:

Cheyenne -_-

Doc,

So sorry to hear about Ruger. Here's a poem I wrote several years ago when I was thinking about the loss of our "Murphy". He was a husky/wolf lookin' dawg with a sweet personality and a heart of gold. Hopefully, like us, your pain will be replaced with fond memories. Goes like this:

Dogs 'n Cats

He always meets me at the door

With a smile and a "wag" or two

While she just stares as if to say -

"Now who the hell are you!?!"

I've had 'em both for ten plus years

And love 'em each the same

One loves me unconditional.....

The other doesn't know my name.

My dog brings me the paper

And he curls up by my boots

While the cat just sits and watches us,

She acts so darned aloof!

But every night when I go up

And crawl into my bed........

One lays down gently by my feet

One purrs next to my head.

And then I think I understand

Why God made dogs and cats -

So we'll learn unconditional love

It's simple......just like that.

B.T. 10/15/08

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.

'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Doc and Pinky..We know your pain and sorrow. We'll miss seeing him and have missed seeing you.

Take Care....Your friends...Faygo and Eleanor

Archived